Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • FiveTen sizing?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Had a pair of freerider pros in size 8 for a couple of years and ordered a new pair this week as they seem to fit my wide ish feet.

Look exactly the same but feel so much smaller? Checked the sizing and my old ones are UK8 US9 but new ones are UK8 US8.5.

How can one size change but not the other?

Are normal freeriders any wider than the pro?

jayx2a
    Free Member

Ok in answer to my own question, the old pros are longer than the new pros by surprise surprise about half a size.

mrmrhill
    Free Member

Haven’t they been bought out by Adidas? Could be more inline with there sizing?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Five Ten have been part of Adidas for quite a while now .The Freerider Pro sizes slightly smaller than regular Freeriders . I am size 9 in Freeriders and virtually every other shoe that I’ve owned for the past 40 years but needed a 9.5 in Freerider Pro .

bigwill
    Free Member

I have had exactly the same issue the sizes have definitely shrunk in the past 12 month or so.

vincienup
    Free Member

I know it’s the wrong time of year but I found Freerider EPS a bit smaller than regular Freeriders too. Possibly a post-Adidas thing sounds sensible, any basis for that apart from the obvious ownership?

jayx2a
    Free Member

My last pair were after Adidas took over. Just a bit odd that the US/UK sizing has changed.

Side by side the 2019 version is just shorter. Can’t see any other difference though. Have ordered half size up so will see if they match my old pair.

robertpb
    Free Member

My Freerider Pro’s are 8 UK 9 USA about 2 years old. My old Impacts which I’ve had for 10 years are 9 UK 10 USA. I bought the Impacts a size larger for the winter so I could get thicker socks on and a bit more riggle room. I’m an 8 UK and have plenty of room in every shoe I have but the Freeriders are very small for an 8, I can only wear them with thin socks if I bought another pair I’d go up a half size.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Yep my 2 year old pro’s are the same UK8 US9. But 2019 versions are UK8 US8.5 and clearly shorter.

No idea why they have changed the Uk to US sizing but they have changed the sizing for 2019 model. Can’t comment on 2018 ones though!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘FiveTen sizing?’ is closed to new replies.