Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • first world problem – anyone now hate their iphone after installing ios6?
  • spawnofyorkshire

I’ve had an iphone 4 since the week after it came out and had just over two years of happy phone usage. I’m far from an apple fanboi but liked the way my iphone just worked, until Ios6 came along and now i hate it 🙁

It doesn’t ‘just work’ anymore, it’s now buggy and everything is really laggy now. I’ve done as close to clean reloads of ios6 as apple let but that hasn’t made any difference

i’d replace it but i’ve 6 months left of a sim only contract left and i’m now skint (after buying a nexus 7, should have bought a nexus 4 instead)

any recommendations or just fancy a gripe about apple to cheer me up?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Prepare to be told you’re using it wrong…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

After all the reported crap I have ignored the update so far. Wil be interesting to see what folk say here.

spawnofyorkshire

Prepare to be told you’re using it wrong…

it’s the STW forum, that should be the load up screen

bencooper
    Free Member

No, my iPhone 4 is fine – only thing was wifi was very slow, so I reset the network settings and all good. Plus the 3D maps thing is astounding…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I upgraded my iPad and wish I hadn’t.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Working fine on my iphone5, well ios6.0.1, not 6.

maccruiskeen

iphone 4 here and iOS6 (and subsequent 6.1) has been completely problem free, from the outset

trail_rat
    Free Member

I didmt upgrade my 4 but god my battery is dire and my phone gets really hot in my pocket.

Going to make a genius bar appointment and have a gripe,

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Forced my dad to leave his on ios 5 until they sort their shit out and re release ios 6 as a working system. Happy with my 3gs right now 🙂

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Had my iPhone 4 for a year now. iOS6.1 on it. Seems ok. It does turn itself off when I get a message sometimes, very rarely though.

grum
    Free Member

I’m on iOS 6 and its fine, even the maps everyone was moaning about. Really happy with the second hand 4S I just bought.

CountZero

I’ve got 6 on my iP5 and my iPad 3, and neither have shown any issues from the OS at all. I’m pretty sure I installed 6 on my iP4, and didn’t have any issues that were noticeable. Other than it totally screwed up Stanza, but not surprising there, as Amazon only authorised one update when iOS5 wrecked it, and they said that was it, no more, and shut the whole thing down. Bastards.

willard

I put iOS 6 on my 3Gs and saw a noticeable slowdown in the software. But then, I did knacker the screen (again) and used that as an excuse to move to a 4s, so it all balanced out. Certainly not a huge leap forward for iPhone though.

New maps is rubbish

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Installed IOS 6 in my iPad 3 – all works OK, except the maps – most the places I go to don’t exist anymore according to Apple. Good job I know my way!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Old 3GS here and iOS 6 working perfectly, probably better than with iOS 5x

footflaps

Newer SW on older models will always run slower – there was a big fuss when they released IoS 4 for the iPhone 3 as it ground to a halt after the upgrade.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got I phone 4 still on iOS 5 got an I phone 5 obviously on ios6, I can’t see a great deal of difference but I’m sure the 5 has ” newer” faster hardware so it’ll (in laymens) run something more in depth better! I phone 5 is rapid on loading web pages compared to 4 tho!

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Forced my dad to leave his on ios 5 until they sort their shit out and re release ios 6 as a working system

Working perfectly well for me, what issues have you experienced.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Installed IOS6 on my 4s and I reckon its better for it. No bugs or glitches and everything seems that bit faster. More than happy

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve had iPhones since the first one, currently on an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1 and perfectly happy with it.

Every new version has been an improvement in my opinion.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Avoiding iOS 6 here

convert

4s here and guess I like ios6 – the built in panoramic camera is great and Safari seems a bit quicker. As I sit here I struggle to remember other meaningful changes.

maps is still a bit crap. I’ve used it as turn by turn navigation which was good but the lack of (and out of date nature of) detail is more than a bit rubbish in comparison google.

Alphabet

3GS here on iOS6 with no problems. Unless this fails to post 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very happy with the upgrade to iOS6 on a 4S. Overall it’s exactly that an upgrade, ie better.

With regard to the maps app – the database isn’t so good (an error I found in Leeds between two streets one “row” and the other “road”) but the inbuilt Apple “sat nav” is much better than the Google equivalent – so on that its about even but everything else is better

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘first world problem – anyone now hate their iphone after installing ios6?’ is closed to new replies.