Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • First Rob Warner, now Fox Dialed?
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

Looks like Fox Dialed series is not coming back for the DH season.
    Gutted. It was such a good show. Amazing filmography and a daily treat.

sharkattack

That’s a surprise. We’ll have to make do with Vital Raw and Wyn TV

snotrag

They pretty much hinted that at the end of last year. Sending two guys round the world for 9 months for a youtube series can’t have been cheap.

chrismac

Clearly didn’t pass the marketing departments vfm criteria. Or Jordi got fed up with the camera

ayjaydoubleyou

Its a shame, a high quality production like Dialled I think gets edged out/loses views in a saturated market compared to the rush to be first. Instashorts direct from the riders and the likes of Bernard’s videos which are done with a gopro on a selfie stick and have about 4 cuts in the whole video are uploaded first and cream off a load of the viewership.

dazzydw
    Free Member

I think they got plenty of views.
    I find the Bernard Kerr stuff totally unwatchable. All of the zero edit straight to upload vids must have its fans but I’m not one of them.

kayak23

Oh no. Gutted.
    I love Dialed 😭

chakaping
    Free Member

I only used to watch it when it auto-played after watching Wyn or Cathro’s videos from the races.

Nothing against Jordi, but he always seemed to be enduring rather than enjoying the whole thing. Not much enthusiasm for racing in the vids.

sharkattack

I find the Bernard Kerr stuff totally unwatchable. All of the zero edit straight to upload vids must have its fans but I’m not one of them.

Same. I don’t watch any of the vlogger style vids. They’re mostly just pure filler and it’s a race to get them up. They’re too long, too dull, too pointless and there’s soooo many of them.

Can’t be bothered with it but I know plenty of young kids who lap them up.

ayjaydoubleyou

I’m not a huge fan of the vlogger style vids either. But there’s certainly an allure to the first video, and then you get fatigue over what is basically the same thing from different people.

I had a quick (unscientific) look at youtube, last year’s Dialled was getting 15-18k viewers on a video. Some ones from a few years earlier were getting 150k.

sharkattack

I had a quick (unscientific) look at youtube, last year’s Dialled was getting 15-18k viewers on a video. Some ones from a few years earlier were getting 150k.

You know what happened? Loris went to Rockshox

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

It’s a real shame, I always looked forward to Dialed, along with WynTV and Cathro’s stuff, Vital raw gets a tad monotonous and the million whistles don’t help, and the fast forward button is always at the ready for things like Bernard kerr’s LSD, that fast life series or whatever it was called with Kate Courtney, Loic Bruni and Finn iles was worth a watch but that got axed too a couple of years back.

dazzydw
    Free Member

Race Tapes is out now on redbull, a sort of replacement for Fast Life, Worth a watch but not all that gripping. Dialed was genuine behind the scenes with no false drama or false edit interview pauses from the Drive To Survive bandwagon. I learned a hell of a lot about suspension from Jordi! And the sense of crazy bike speed from the trackside shots was just jaw dropping.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM