Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fine work BBC – Kissing and CBBC content
  • lunge

Credit where it’s due, after the uproar from a small minority about a gay kiss being shown on CBBC, the response from them is superb.

Awesome work from whoever is involved.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaint/the-next-step

MoreCashThanDash

Well done the Beeb 👍

Drac

Great response. I was going to mention it’s not new that Byker Grove was the first but I see they did just that.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

to make sure that every child feels like they belong, that they are safe, and that they can be who they want to be

Damn right.

nealglover
    Free Member

Great response, glad to see there was not a hint of apology of any kind.

Maybe..

“If this is not something you like to see, then please don’t watch, but please allow your children to, then they can grow up better adjusted and more tolerant than you”

Would have been more on point though 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

[Points of View letter] Well done the BBC! [/Points of View letter]

poah
    Free Member

“If this is not something you like to see, then please don’t watch, but please allow your children to, then they can grow up better adjusted and more tolerant than you”

yes, I **** hate programs about dancing

flyingmonkeycorps

to make sure that every child feels like they belong, that they are safe, and that they can be who they want to be

While I totally agree with the sentiment, I disagree with the wording here. You don’t want to be gay, or straight, or whatever, you are.

(I say this because a gay colleague brought it up about a piece of copy – I don’t think I wrote it, but I totally get where he was coming from).

But still, great work from the Beeb.

convert

While I totally agree with the sentiment, I disagree with the wording here. You don’t want to be gay, or straight, or whatever, you are.

Yes, I thought this. A complete own goal with the words with the bigots (who think kids seeing footage of folks kissing will make them want to be gay).

eddiebaby
    Free Member

What about if you want to be, but society won’t let you?
    Its like wanting to be free if you live in a cage. You can’t choose to be free, you have to be allowed out of the cage.

convert

What about if you want to be, but society won’t let you?

I understand their (and your) sentiment – it was just clumsily worded and gives bigots a quote ‘from the other side’ from which to justify their prejudice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fine work BBC – Kissing and CBBC content’ is closed to new replies.