Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Find me hardtails with…..
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

44mm or tapered head tubes.

Looking for something that I can chuck some existing parts at, tapered forks being the main bit. Mainly for mid week training, nothing too extreme. Probably going to be 1×9 as I’ve got most of the bits. With the caveat of must be cheap!

So what would you lot use?

sparkerfix

Ragley mmbop (I think)

M1llh0use
    Free Member

I know the later mmmbops are 44mm, are the earlier ones as well?

I_Ache
    Free Member

How cheap is cheap? The new BFe has a 44mm headtube. If you want lighter then maybe a c456 is about the same price. If you want cheaper possibly the 456 Evo, but I’m not sure if it had the steerer that you need.

sparkerfix

My cousin has one about 3 years old and the head tube is the size of a coke can so I reckon so. ..

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Cool, sometimes difficult to see from just pics…

alaric

Pipedream Sirius has a tapered HT. (Current model, not earlier ones).

superstu
    Free Member

Pretty sure the normal 456 doesn’t have a tapered head tube but carbon version does. Given the prices are only £100 different at the moment worth going for the latter if funds permit.

donks
    Free Member

Kinesis decade has a 1.5″ head tube?

backtothetop
    Free Member

I got a whyte 905 with tapered tube, got it to put existing parts on it that i had, then ended up upgrading everything and now have the the same ‘existing parts’ sitting there doing nothing.

Northwind

Mmmbop has a fullfat 50mm. C456 has taper (though, there’s compatability issues with the small)

johnnystorm

2012 Salsa El Mariachi.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Ooh.

Best price so far….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Find me hardtails with…..’ is closed to new replies.