Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Find me a Stan’s Flow EX 29er 32h rim please!
  • Shackleton

Managed to put a big flat spot on my rear wheel at CyB today. Still holds air but wheel is certainly not round and despite tender ministrations with a spoke key it keeps losing tension and I suspect isn’t long for this world. I’m struggling to find any of the older style 32h Flow EX 29ers (not MK3) online, does anybody know where might be worth trying?

And assumin that I can find one how frowned upon is it to reuse the spokes and nipples to rebuild it?

Cheers,

S

Northwind

Fine to reuse spokes, I’d replace nipples just because they’re so cheap and you’ll basically be doing it anway.

Can’t help with your rim though- can you find anything else with a similar ERD? I replaced my 27er Flow Exs with WTB Frequqncies, because they were close enough to reuse spokes and because they’re not made of cheese…

Shackleton

Cheers, will look into that. Thanks for the advice on nipples……….

twowheels
    Free Member

I have rebuilt using the same spokes once but the rim was fine (just a worn out hub).

Brass nipples I’d reuse without any qualms (assuming no visible damage) but if you’ve ridden the wheel with a flat spot a while I’d be tempted to buy new spokes assuming they’re not mega expensive ones.

snaps
    Free Member

You could ask Here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Find me a Stan’s Flow EX 29er 32h rim please!’ is closed to new replies.