Home Forums Bike Forum Finale Outdoor Region servere weather and trail damage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Finale Outdoor Region servere weather and trail damage
  • Tracey

I know alot of use on here visit. Some more than others and even have the card which helps to fund trail maintenance

We have been lucky to have been for the last nine years and our daughter competing in a few of the EWS Enduros

They have put out a crowd funding appeal to raise monies to try and get the trails repaired after the devastation the have just had

I know times are hard but have a read and if you can help in any way that would be great

I for one can’t wait to get back

https://www.finaleoutdoor.com/en/blog

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Do the uplift companies pay anything per rider, per uplift towards trail maintenance is what I’d want to know before a donation is made.

Tracey

My understanding from asking a couple of years ago is that any place that accepts the card gives you points to use and that the business also contributes to the trail development and maintenance.

We had a long chat this year with the staff in the kiosk about having a donate points earned facility to put them as an extra towards the costs which they were going to discuss

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Sounds like they don’t then 🙁

mikeyp

Businesses that accept the card pay 1% of bill to trail work. Not sure about the uplift co’s but the drivers we had all built and repaired stuff

DickBarton

@andylaightscat – do you ride there and if so, do you plan on returning? If no, then it makes even less difference if other people are donating; if so, it doesn’t make much difference to any donation you may want to make.
    It would be great if everyone who used and benefitted from trails gave back money to help with trail maintenance and trail development, but the reality is many don’t or won’t. I’d hope that they would be donating, but they may be offering physical bodies on the ground to help sort the mess (they will benefit sooner if it gets sorted quicker).
    That should stop people who might to make a donation though alongside those who do donate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.