Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)
  • Films that should be made
  • Cougar

I always fancied the idea of a Knight Rider film

I read a short interview with The Hoff a few days ago, he said he was trying to get a new series together with Michael Knight mentoring his son into the role.  (He also reckoned the last reboot was crap cos he wasn’t in it.)

maccruiskeen

Carry on up the update

jekkyl

I was thinking the Wasp Factory, is that the one that’s based on the coast with a massive twist in the middle regarding a thing in a ajr, great book.

Yoda – origins story.

Pulp Fiction 2 – What happened to Jules when he became a bum.

vongassit
    Free Member

Team Past it .

Robin and Annette Daykin at an age when most couples are getting ready for retierment , they take up side car racing.

I believe Robin was 74 when he raced the TT with Annette as pasenger , apparently after they qualified the organisers refused to let him race as he was to old , but as word spread & some very big names said they would not race either if the refusal stood , the organisers relented & they got their dream.

If I remenber correctly Robin was all to aware his time was running out , Robin died in December that year from cancer.

The little I do know of them leads me to believe they were brilliant!

jekkyl

A-team origins story.

Dr Who origins story.

Jeremy Corbyn origins story

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

– A young vacationing couple stumble unexpectedly into some redneck zombie ghost serial killer cannibalist rapists and have to escape using various increasingly grisly methods?

– some comic-book superheroes with daddy-issues decide to join forces, combining their superpowers, killer one-liners and tight-fitting onesies to conquer disabled and disfigured narcissistic superbaddies?

shermer75
    Free Member

Halo.

Please, please, please.

There’s a couple of Halo movies on Netflix

shermer75
    Free Member

Ringworld movie would be nice

shermer75
    Free Member

This is a great idea for a thread btw!! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Eight Ace- The Movie

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Major Curry, a spicy political thriller lifting the lid on the dashing PM John Major and his eggsta marital affair….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boris the BloHard.

An inflatable Boris the size of his ego (so about the size of Poland), filled with helium.

Plot: Tethered to a pylon waiting for passengers bound for Argentina.. some rebels storm the airport and sit in waiting for a large number of passengers to waddle out squinting int he sunlight, they get herded aboard and in the distance a rebel fires a dart right into the arse of Boris the BloHard and the inflatable squeals like a pig then zips and wheezes untethering itself and zipping around the sky going wheeeeeee whizzzzzzz, zzzzziiiiipppppppppppppp, fllllllaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbb, whooosh and plop.

They all die, no one gives a shit.

The last intern left at the Whailing Daily types the headline : Flubflub, fnarrrfnarr, pffffttttt, nneeeee, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The End

CountZero

TRUMPTON – The story of a group of firefighters desperately trying to stop an arsonist who appears to have no plan other than causing havoc and chaos

Half Man Half Biscuit have the theme song all ready and waiting. 😬

CountZero

Ringworld would work better as a TV series, I think, plus there’s the other books to follow if the main one was successful. I’d dearly love to see a properly realised Puppetteer!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Rouge Male by Geoffrey Household.

its been on the radio and was the inspiration for Rambo First Blood, I loved the book and the radio serialisation but it would make a cracking film with the right lead and director.

Ralph Fiennes would have been the kind of actor for the lead but he’s too old now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Last of the summer vine

Mutant knotweed wraps itself around the radio 2 studios and Jeremy vine has to convince the whinging slackers who call him to fight for his survival

mrhoppy

The passage by Justin Cronin seemed like it could be good.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Agree some of the 2000AD stuff would be brilliant.

Another Dredd movie

Finishing off the Lord of the Rings animated movie

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

A film about Mike Hall and his achievements would be champion.

jekkyl

Mark Alker – origins story

funkmasterp

Weekend at Bernie’s 3

Ferris Bueller sequel where Cameron ruins Ferris’ life. See how you like it you smarmy little ****!

Jesus – a film about this guy

SaxonRider

Ferris Bueller sequel where Cameron ruins Ferris’ life. See how you like it you smarmy little ****!

Actually, I seriously think that Ferris is a sociopathic character.

jimjam
    Free Member

Monkeysfeet

Another Dredd movie

I think they’re in the process of making a series for Netflix or Amazon. There was a thread about it a while back. No doubt I’ll have a strong opinion about it whenever it finally gets released 🙂

Such as?

11 hours of live action film wasn’t enough then eh? No pleasing some people.

colournoise

Given that Jackson was clearly quite a fan of the Bakshi effort (in a genuinely funny way in at least one example), I’d say you’ve already had this wish fulfilled.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@Jimjam, ha ha…Strontium Dog, Nemesis the Warlock.

The original 1970’s animation was far far betterer than 9 (hrs was it!!) of dwarf tossing and Hobbit love in..

jimjam
    Free Member

I re-read the books prior to the original LOTR films release and I have to say they were spot on. The books are of their time, equal parts overly emotional, twee and whimiscal in many ways. The films removed just enough nonsense and got the tone pretty much spot on. I think familiarity breeds contempt though and now we look at them as being overly emotional, kind of camp etc but I really struggle to imagine how anyone could have made a better trilogy without using those films as a reference point to improve on.

The Hobbit films are just tragic though. Every bad thing about the LOTR films cranked up to eleventeen,.

ha ha…Strontium Dog,

I never really got Strontium Dog. To me it always seemed like every generic bounty hunter / bad cop stereotype with mutant bells on. I suppose I’d like to see a Slaine movie but it would never…..never ever…..be done correctly.

nickc

There’s a couple of Halo movies on Netflix

Jones, not Master Chief

shermer75
    Free Member

I had to look up Halo Jones, looks interesting!

crazyjenkins01

Such as?

Shakara! Would be cool, I really liked Nikolai Dante as well and it’s a bit different. My definate fav though would be Sinister Dexter

Not 2000AD, but the JD Megazine… I would sell my leg to get a good film series of Preacher.

edit: wrong button

jimjam
    Free Member

The original Preacher (by which I assume you mean the Frank Quietly / Judge Dredd universe) series was pretty good. The one where the demon starts recruiting everyone into a cult or some such? Could make a decent western film I guess.

They’d obviously need to change the name though.

colournoise

Another not-quite-2000AD thing I’d personally love to see filmed is New Statesmen from Crisis.

Have just reread Zenith too, but think that would be a better Netflix series (or four) than it would a film…

maccruiskeen

Rouge Male by Geoffrey Household.

…….

Ralph Fiennes would have been the kind of actor for the lead but he’s too old now.

He’d be made up

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of ‘performance’ and ‘rosemarys baby’.

Each movie may be worth some kind of prequel (possibly serialised) and set in the London and Glasgow of yore, to capture the scruffy bohemian vibe of Notting hill and elegance of Victorian Glasgow.

drlex
    Free Member

Donks-

whilst you wait – http://www.strontiumdogfanfilm.com

gobuchal

And any of Iain M Banks’ output, too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And any of Iain M Banks’ output, too.

I want the films but….

Can the its not the book lot please miss the cinema trip.

stewartc
    Free Member

I think it was done in the 70’s but would love to see another stab at Spike Milligan’s war diaries, maybe with a Terry Gillianisque type director to add flight to the text.

epicyclo

Lebensraum.

A film about how a persecuted minority stole the Lebensraum & Propaganda manuals of the Third Reich and successfully applied it to their benefit after migrating to a South Western Mediterranean country.

Could be done on a budget if it used Palestine as a ready made film set…..

Garry_Lager

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Lebensraum.

A film about how a persecuted minority stole the Lebensraum & Propaganda manuals of the Third Reich and successfully applied it to their benefit after migrating to a South Western Mediterranean country.

Could be done on a budget if it used Palestine as a ready made film set…..

</div>

Bed, epicyclo.

Reckon the Naked lunch could stand a remake with modern methods – recall the Cronenberg film as a decent effort but still miles away from getting the book moving on screen.

A film of Dhalgren by Delany could be an eye-opener – probably the most unlikely bestselling book in history. A difficult, densely composed book about a dystopian dream, balls-deep in homosexual erotica. Sold over a million copies in the 70s – different times, but obv struck a chord somewhere.

mikey74
    Free Member

+1 for Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. However, I do worry that due to it’s graphic nature, it would have to be seriously diluted in order to get any kind of theatrical release, which may ruin it.

I think most McCarthy would make great films.

senorj

I was v. disappointed they didn’t do the Amber Spyglass & The Subtle Knife .

Northern Lights wasn’t that bad .

How about a Joe Cocker Biopic?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Films that should be made’ is closed to new replies.