Films that should be made

Home Forum Chat Forum Films that should be made

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Films that should be made
  • Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

How about a Joe Cocker Biopic?

Wait until after he’s dead then we’ll have the whole story.

medders

I would like to see the Silmarillion somehow adapted for film.  Always had a preference for the grandeur of the first age.  No idea how that much high level material could be put into film format mind. Agree absolutely with everything JimJam said about the original trilogy and the hobbit films btw.

Strontium dog – always my favourite 2000ad strip (my first prog purchase was at the beginning of “the Killing” which I absolutely loved).

A sequel to the 2012 Judge Dredd – but this time with sufficient budget to create a more futuristic environment (opening sequence with dredd chasing perps in a van could have been set in the 1970s).

ABC warriors?

Agree on Halo Jones – done in the idiom of the original bladerunner including the voiceover.

jekkyl

the death of James Bond..

No JimJam, I mean the Ennis and Dillon graphic. Genesis (entity) bonds with a Texan preacher giving him “the word of god”, Irish vampire best mate, hit woman gf and The Grail.

jimjam

Did you watch the Amazon series?

Premier Icon angeldust
    Subscriber

I would like to see the Silmarillion somehow adapted for film.

Now there’s a challenge

PrinceJohn

I was v. disappointed they didn’t do the Amber Spyglass & The Subtle Knife .

Northern Lights wasn’t that bad .

It was terrible, rumour is the BBC are doing a TV version…

No mate, don’t have prime or whatever needed to watch it!

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

“the death of James Bond.. ”

Would be great but nevergonnahappen – the Broccolli family have the rights and are going to keep squeezing it ad infinitum

uponthedowns

Modern CGI would now be able to do justice to some of Michael Moorcock’s work such as Elric of Melinbone or the Hawkmoon series

I’d also second the OP’s suggestion of a biopic on Captain Eric Brown

medders

“Modern CGI would now be able to do justice to some of Michael Moorcock’s work such as Elric of Melinbone or the Hawkmoon series”

Now that would be something special. Hawkmoon or Corum preferably.  Elric spent too much time weak and wingeing.

jimjam

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>crazyjenkins01
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

No mate, don’t have prime or whatever needed to watch it!

</div>

I watched the first season, it diverges from the comics quite a bit but somehow has a feel that’s not a million miles off. Not bad, but not essential viewing.

sssimon

“the death of James Bond.. ”

Would be great but nevergonnahappen – the Broccolli family have the rights and are going to keep squeezing it ad infinitum

Surely if James Bond die they just wheel in another James Bond? Is James Bond not just a job title or a persona that is filled?

If they were to make it I vote for seeing the Pierce Brosnan Bond being put through a mincer by a posse of aggressively brainwashed marmosets.

Premier Icon angeldust
    Subscriber

Surely if James Bond die they just wheel in another James Bond? Is James Bond not just a job title or a persona that is filled?

No, they have just, essentially, rebooted it and mix and matched the old stories over the years.

jekkyl

MC Hammer origins story.

sneakyg4

I would like to see a proper, not for kids Thunderbirds Movie, tons of transformers style CGI, in fact, give it to Michael Bay.

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Joe Abercrombie’s First Law trilogy would be ace. And a Druss (David Gemmell) film please.

jekkyl

Rolf Harris – The Story

Thanks JimJam, I might get around to seeing if I can watch it at some point as the trailer looked pretty good.

Same I’ve found with a lot of stuff though, as a ‘strand alone’ film they can be pretty good, but compared to source material are not great (controversial but I think that about GoT, Hannibal Rising etc)

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

I read “I am Pilgrim” recently which I thought would make a great film.

Oh and the Silmarillion would be something else, if they managed to pull it off. About 6 films and lot’s of flash backs would be needed… 😆

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I’m probably going to be controversial here…

…I think some of the WW2 epics should be remade. Lots of the Alastair McLean films, Dirty Dozen, A Bridge too Far, Kelly’s Heroes (gasp!)…

Untold stories?

Making of Spitfire during the war – ickle back street garages, dozens of runners and cyclists to deliver parts for larger construction etc

The Highland Clearances and Canadian arrivals.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Well not sure if it’s been mentioned recently but the prospects are looking good for this one

THR reports that Amazon will partner with British screenwriter Dennis Kelly (who created the critically acclaimed Channel 4 series Utopia), and that should the scripts for the series work out, it will order it directly to a series.

The right sort of direction for the material I hope.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/21/17035618/amazon-culture-series-iain-m-banks-television-show

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

There also must be loads of recentish cold war spy and shenanigans films.

I know someone who paddled into North Russian coast and islands via Sea Kayak from Alaska or international waters via sub – many times!

jimjam

mattoutabout

I’m probably going to be controversial here…

…I think some of the WW2 epics should be remade. Lots of the Alastair McLean films, Dirty Dozen, A Bridge too Far, Kelly’s Heroes (gasp!)…

No not at all. Some classics still hold up but many could be improved upon, since they are based on historic events there’s no “definitive” film. Dirty Dozen could definitley be remade as well (caveat that Hollywood sucks). I had high hopes for Inglorious Basterds way back when the original draft was essentially a grouping of old Hollywood action heroes, eg a WW2 version of the Expendables directed by Tarantino, with a better cast.

Kellys Heroes though, not so much. It was of it’s time and in my opinion the years have not been kind to it. I think modern audiences understanding of WW2 and portrayal in film would make Kellys Heroes if not irrelevant, at least badly out of step.

And a Druss (David Gemmell) film please.

ANY David Gemmell would be ace if done properly. Legend, Swords of Night and Day, The whole Regante (spelling?) series…..

Coyote

The Elric saga would make an excellent project. In fact a good chunk of Moorcock’s back catalogue would be fine fodder for filming. “The Warhound and the World’s Pain”, “The Ice Schooner” and the Oswald Bastable series “The Warlord of the Air”, “The Land Leviathon” and “The Steel Tsar” for starters.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

A “Comic Strip” version of “Brexit”. Any title suggestions and cast list?

z1ppy

Thomas Covenant the unbeliever

Why would you want that dross made to film? I’ve read the 1st two chronicals, as my parents thought I liked the series, and I made the mistake of buying the Gap series, as it ‘sounded’ like the kind ot thing I’d enjoy, and he did manage to wirte The Mirror of Her Dreams & A Man Rides Through. Donaldson has an unhealthy focus on rape<i>.</i>

Make any of the John Scalzi sci-fi, doesn’t matter which, any of them.

Premier Icon monkeysfeet
    Subscriber

A “Comic Strip” version of “Brexit”. Any title suggestions and cast list?

“There and Back again, a Tories Tale”

By Theresa Shwaggins

May played by Ruby Wax

Bo Jo played by Roy Chubby Brown

The Tory Government played by the cast of League of Gentlemen

hols2

I’m Ronnie Pickering, with Ray Winstone as Ronnie and Mackenzie Crooke as the guy on the motorbike.

swanny853

I would like to see a proper, not for kids Thunderbirds Movie

Oooh, yes.

I’d be interested to see someone take on Charles Stross’ Laundry Files.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

MC Hammer origins story.

Been done by VH1 (I think) and it’s not actually that bad for what it is

johndoh

How about a film about a man with no short term memory where he has to write down clues to his last days all over his body in order to piece together events leading up to the rape and murder of his girlfriend?

Premier Icon w00dster
    Subscriber

“How about a film about a man with no short term memory where he has to write down clues to his last days all over his body in order to piece together events leading up to the rape and murder of his girlfriend?”

Hang on one memento, that sounds awful. I think someone has invaded your dreams and subconsciously made you type that.

johndoh

How about this one – a film about a man with no short term memory where he has to write down clues to his last days all over his body in order to piece together events leading up to the rape and murder of his girlfriend?

jekkyl

The Young Ones – Where are they now?

(if they didn’t die in an horrific double decker incident, maybe they lived!)

zinaru

I’d love to see a cool animation version of Voltaire’s Micromegas (in a late 60s illustrative style!)

jon1973

The Chrysalids

jekkyl

The Tripods! coz the BBC never did finish that series.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.