Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Films that scared the **** out of you as an adult…
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

Holy shit. Threads was a bit brutal eh?

yodagoat
    Free Member

I actually think i’m a bit traumatised by it. it was life whatching When the Wind Blows in real life.
    Grim as. 🙁

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Insideous is quite messed up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrbelowski
    Free Member

Event Horizon for me but to this day I still don’t know why. There’s just something about the whole film that I found (and still find) *really* disturbing.

Dog Soldiers must be one of the best films ever – loved every second of it. Has anyone seen The Descent 2? Utterly utterly awful

MikeT-23
    Free Member

+1 for The Road

philbert31
    Free Member

The Shining

Kryton57

This thread has cheered me up because I thought I was a wuss with this sort of stuff, but I’ve watched all of the above without issue.

Now, The Entity though – different matter. I’m getting nervous just thinking about it….. 😐

racefaceec90

i still feel uncomfortable occasionally when watching dario argento demons 1 & 2 films (i first saw them when i was 12,scared the crap out of me).but to be honest,no film has really scared the s*”t out of me (i must be hard as nails 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wolf Creek, no way I’m going to Oz. Didn’t scare me but We Need To Talk About Kevin made me feel very uncomfortable.

colournoise

Dog Soldiers is a great film, but surely there’s nothing scary in it? It’s a comedy.

For some reason I seem to remember being a bit bothered by bits of The Serpent and the Rainbow, but not really been properly scared by any film as an adult. Being a Media teacher possibly helps/hinders, as I have a horrible habit of deconstructing films as I watch them.

patriotpro
    Free Member

+1 The Shining and….

13 Ghosts – too scary…….. 😐

mikey74
    Free Member

It didn’t really scare me, and it’s actually not a great film, but there are bits of “Don’t be Afraid of the Dark” that I find deeply unsettling.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Descent…wtf??

The dialogue is just so horrendous that it could never be more than a child’s pantomine.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Out of all of the above – Dark Water – a very creepy atmosphere.

For jumps even when you expect them – Drag me to Hell.

The Descent has one moment that’s properly shocking…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Horror films don’t generally do it for me . Midnight Express “disturbed ” me for quite a while after watching it though .

ackie
    Free Member

Mortally hungover I entered a cinema to watch I am legend. Jumped like a baby girl when Will Smith enters the warehouse and comes across all those zombies shaking in a huddle.
    Gives me chills thinking about.

Coyote
    Free Member

+1 The Mothman Prophesies

snipswhispers
    Free Member

Dont know the title, but ch4 screened it back in 2004/5 as part of a horror series, alongside jeepers creepers etc.

Plot involved about 8 usa high school types spending their weekend in an underground chamber as some kind of dare.

Unfortunately their dwellings were occupied by a giant, blind, flightless and rabidly carniverous bird.

…very creepy!

restless
    Free Member

The House on Haunted Hill scares me 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone seen a USA film where a few college kids get chased by red necks in the back country? Inc setting fire to a kind of tree hut observation post?

PrinceJohn

Plot involved about 8 usa high school types spending their weekend in an underground chamber as some kind of dare.

The Hole?

Anyone seen a USA film where a few college kids get chased by red necks in the back country? Inc setting fire to a kind of tree hut observation post?

Recently? Cabin In The Woods?

Or older?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Was there a bird in Hole? Wasn’t the villain the girl?

And no, older…

jimmy

The scene in the road when they go downstairs and find the human meat factory… Followed by hiding outside into the evening and hearing the meat factory in action. Oh bejesus. It is the ‘that could happen’ factor of it all which keeps me awake.

PrinceJohn

The Hole – Had the chick from American Pie in it…

The other film I can picture them on a radio in a tree house, but can’t for the life of me remember what it was…

Ahhh! Wrong Turn?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Had a bit of a puff-induced whitey first year at uni, while The Wizard Of Ozz “poppy-fields” bit was on.

The Fear. Bad times.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wrong Turn indeed, thank you!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

What’s that about history repeating himself?

Watching “Threads” now…

A panicked America, an “ambitious” Iran, paranoia, British recession, Sheffield’s grey.

What’s new?

Bernaard
    Free Member

I remember taking the wife to see Dog Soldiers and at the start in the tent bit, she said ‘What the hell have you bought me to see’

Does anyone remenber armchair thriller, where the shadow sits down in the chair. Brilliant.
    I remember seeing an episode called ‘As quite as a nun’ about the Borley Rectory ghost.
    As a 10 ten old I proper Sh1t my pants.
    Also Hammer house of Horror’s children of the full moon will stay with me forever

weeksy

I’ve just bought Rec on the strength of this thread 🙂

weeksy

Also Hammer house of Horror’s children of the full moon will stay with me forever

The one where the car crashes and they end up at the mansion with the werewolf kids ?

I thought the one with the scary statue thing was worse than that.

DezB
    Free Member

Eden Lake. Chav horror that could happen!

Blair Witch & The Grudge were great. Saw Evil Dead when it came out at the cinema and that was pretty wild – my sister-in-law wanted to leave she was so scared.
    Watched the Exorcist on a little portable telly and me and the wife (then girlfriend) were pretty freaked out by it!

packer
    Free Member

Wolf Creek is the only film which has scared me for a long time

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m going to see Sinister on Wednesday and I fully expect to shit myself a good few times. The trailer was bad enough 😆

monkey_boy
    Free Member

its not the shock horror ones for me but the psychological ones…

wolf creek for me aswell, bit of a classic if you ask me.

Eden lake was freaky especially towards the end

i thought blair witch was sh*t first time round as it was hyped up beyond belief, watched it years later on my own and a little bit of poo came out.

The ring when she climbs out of the tv freaked me out.

and sad to say paranormal activity 2 when the baby gets dragged out of the the cot, that was just wrong!

dingabell
    Free Member

Braved Dog Soldiers and only closed my eyes a couple of times, but Blair Witch really did disturb me. No way am I ever going to watch The Ring or any other films mentioned. In fact this will now become my list of films to avoid. What a wuss.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Watched La Cabina on the strength of this thread. Fantastico. Well worth 35 minutes. Very creepy. Claustrophobic and panic attack inducing.

prettygreenparrot

+1 for The Descent. Small, cramped, shrinking places – horrible. And then the monsters come! And there’s no escape…is there?

prettygreenparrot

La Cabina – I remember that from BBC2 film seasons. very good.

CountZero

I don’t watch horror films as a rule, because I don’t enjoy being deliberately made to feel frightened. I don’t mind spooky films though, and I did quite enjoy Blair Witch, and I really enjoyed The Others. Alien certainly made me jump when the chestburster jumped out of Kane’s chest. My then girlfriend spent the whole film with her hands over her eyes… 😆
    There’s one film, though, that really creeped me out, partly because of the sheer, cold brutality of the humans in it, and that’s Pan’s Labyrinth. I really don’t think I can ever bring myself to watch it again.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Wolf Creek – brilliant film.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Films that scared the **** out of you as an adult…’ is closed to new replies.