Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Festive Pootle – Marple, Sunday 18th Dec, meeting 0930-1000hrs :-)
  • mintimperial

I thought it was funny

Yeah, it was one definitely of the dafter crashes I’ve ever been involved in. I thought I was doing pretty well and then suddenly AAAARGH SIDEWAYS BAM. 😀

Just out of interest, does anyone know how far we went? My phone GPS seems to have at least doubled the distance, I know I was wobbling about a bit but it’s definitely taking the piss out of me.

nbt

I reckon it’s about 12 -14 miles. that’s a guess though

dawson

Glad you had a good ride.

I had made it over the worst part of Woodhead pass and got stuck in the queue at Mottram(sp?) Moor, by the time I got through that and got to Roman Lakes it was 10.45 (don’t know why I still went to the car park when I was so late!!)
    Nearly got stuck going up the hill trying to get back out of Roman Lakes.

Then came back via M62, M1 and went to Sherwood Pines and did a billy-no-mates festive 2 lap pootle with my tinsel-covered bike- so I did about 150 miles to do 20 mile ride, 15 miles from my house (Worksop)

Hey ho, will try to get to another in better weather!

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Did anyone find that they have lost a soft case for riding glasses? Found it when walking the dog after the ride on the track across the golf course.

Loved the ride! Thanks Jane and Julian for organising the lovely snow and sunshine.

GRAEMEJONES

I’m glad you all had a great ride and I’m sorry I couldn’t get over, but the Cat n Fiddle put paid to that 🙄
    As for the cakes,it just means that the blokes at work are introduced to BFO’s 😥
    I’d much rather they went to a more deserving cause 😛
    See you all in the New Year 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Suppose you could have gone over from Macc to Whaley instead? Might be easier if you’re going Marple direction anyway, and it’s normally open.

Bunnyhop

I’d much rather they went to a more deserving cause

Graeme I think you’ll find no more deserving a cause than a bunch of hungry and very cold mtbers (craving sweet stuff).

GRAEMEJONES

It’s nearly as bad coming out of Macc and getting on the top,after that it’s do-able,but with no gritters being out it’s a no no. 😕

Off work all week inbetween xmas and New Year if you’re about Sambob ( providing I can get 😉 )

amodicumofgnar

I get approx 12 1/2 miles using a plot memorymap, 2,100ft of ascent / descent (20.3km and 666m of ascent / descent). nbt’s not so beastly ride?

sambob
    Free Member

I’m around all that time. I fancy playing about on some cheeky techy rocky stuff if there’s someone that knows any of it.

GRAEMEJONES

Bunnyhop YGM

Bunnyhop

Not received anything.

We’re out to the Brass band Christmas carol concert, so I’ll check later.

mintimperial

I had made it over the worst part of Woodhead pass and got stuck in the queue at Mottram

Aah. That explains why it was so quiet going towards Hyde, I went that way instead and still only just made it in time. Unlucky.

20.3km and 666m of ascent / descent

That’s more like it. My phone reckons I did 37.7km and 2,373m of ascent. 😯 *throws phone in bin*

nbt

My phone reckons I did 37.7km and 2,373m of ascent.

You left it switched on in the car, didn’t you 😉

mintimperial

You left it switched on in the car, didn’t you

Not guilty m’lud.

If you look closely you can see the track wobbling all over the place, and it’s not the first time it’s happened either. Stupid thing. On the other hand, this means that I clearly need a fancy GPS gadget of some kind to replace this hopelessly broken article. Merry xmas! 🙂

chico
    Free Member

Any photos being posted?

singlespeedstu

Glad you all had a good ride and sorry again that we couldn’t make it despite promising that we’d come.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Sorry we didn’t make it but the roads were treacherous round here , we did manage a short ride locally which I think was the sensible thing , glad you had a good ride and look forward to seeing you on the next one..

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sorry I couldn’t turn up…

Off from Wednesday till the 9th so if anyone fances a ride out?

Dilker
    Free Member

Was a pretty good ride, a little tough going at times… especially on the SS. The climb up Linnets Clough is pretty grippy on the SS, second time the week, i should have known better.

I had about 40km door to door. The loop was prob 26-27km i would think.

lesa
    Free Member

Sorry I missed this one. Anyway off to get a bottom bracket and some brake pads.

forge197
    Free Member

sambob – I am heading over to Brenin tomorrow I will “do” Marple in the New Year 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Okay. Weather was grim today, icy, raining and windy 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

likewise here today too. Been off today catching up with indoor things, tomorrow over at Brenin looks ok for a couple of hours pootling 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 201 through 224 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Festive Pootle – Marple, Sunday 18th Dec, meeting 0930-1000hrs :-)’ is closed to new replies.