Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 224 total)
  • Festive Pootle – Marple, Sunday 18th Dec, meeting 0930-1000hrs :-)
  • Naranjada
    Free Member

Splendid – I’m an almost definite for this.

Top man Jules, cheers.

BadlyWiredDog

yep.

nbt

It’s been pointed out that I didn’t specify a start time in the original post. 😳

Let’s make it 9.30 for 10.

There’s a café at roman lakes and they do coffee, hot chocolate and bacon butties if you need some fortification before setting off

right, let’s see if I can find a friendly moderator to add the start time to the original post..

stevemakin

sorted 🙂

nbt

ta steve 🙂

amodicumofgnar

Oh go on then, looks like its shaping up to be a busy weekend – Dark and White night time trailquest at Carsington Water on the 16th. Christmas Publaris on the 17th and now this on 18th. Full weekend of festive riding. 🙂

nbt

Well, we went out today on the tandem to give the planned ride a spin and see how it goes

Hmmm. bit of a cold wet day, to be suer, but certain parts were more like rivers than trails. to be frank we got so cold and wet the phrase “game of soldiers” was used and we headed home at a suitable juncture

As a result, we’ve learned two things

1) the planned route may well need to change depending on the weather. This is ok, I know the local are well enough to string together routes at will, and I will be keeping an eye on the weather

2) we won’t be riding the tandem. Riding solos will allow us to ride at the right pace, and be able to handle the bikes to suit the trail conditions. And it means mrs nbt gets to ride her lovely flux

Sandwich

Previous evening I have a curry and kingfisher frenzy to attend, and an Alpine start from Ipswich after could be impossible. Next time then.

Bregante

I’m currently trying to juggle my shift on that Sunday to make it to this one. How long are you looking at being out for NBT?

singlespeedstu

we won’t be riding the tandem. Riding solos will allow us to ride at the right pace, and be able to handle the bikes to suit the trail conditions.

That sounds like a bit of a lame excuse to me. 🙄 😉

Is it realy that untandemable?

nbt

Is it realy that untandemable?

it’s not the tandem that’s the problem, it’s the riders. We’ve tandem ridden all the indiviual bits of the ride before, but Mrs NBT’s not keen (ok I’m not keen) on trying to lead a(nother) ride in cold wet weather on a tandem. iNo. iRCrap. iCanLiveWithIt.

I’m currently trying to juggle my shift on that Sunday to make it to this one. How long are you looking at being out for NBT?

Don’t quote me on this but should be back around 2pm if all goes well, might stretch a bit later. There are a few points where I can change the route depending on weather, trail conditions and riders, but equally there are some bits that once we start, we’re committed to. You know you’re welcome to just drop us a line if you fancy a ride, Russ.

singlespeedstu

We’ve tandem ridden all the indiviual bits of the ride before

That’s good enough for me. 😀

Unless it snows again. Then I’ll be on something a bit more suitable as it was a bit of a handfull last time. 😆

nbt

It was the weather (and the memory of last year’s tandem pootle) more than anything that made the choice for me 🙂

Bunnyhop

We had snow last night and it’s been on and off all day.

So could be ‘winterwonderlandish’ 🙂

binners

‘winterwonderlandish’? Is that a nice way of saying you won’t be able to feel your hands or feet? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

every single one of the rides has been on the weekend I have my kids ..starting to think it is personal

Pook

I’d dig out the video for y’all if I wasn’t on my phone.

nbt

Junkyard – Member
    every single one of the rides has been on the weekend I have my kids ..starting to think it is personal

I feel bad now. Next time, I’ll check and make sure you’re free. We arranged this one at the end of the last one based on who was there and when they were available.

singlespeedstu

We had snow last night and it’s been on and off all day.

mmm. looking more and more like i won’t be tandeming either. 😕

Bunnyhop

Is that a nice way of saying you won’t be able to feel your hands or feet?

Yep 😉

Layer up everyone. It is a pootle and they’ll be a bit of waiting around as it’s looking like a big group and I’m errr slow.

Bunnyhop

mmm. looking more and more like i won’t be tandeming either.

Don’t worry Stu. it could be as warm as a warm thing before then (read: not dry).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheers appreciate that but I dont really expect everyone to make plans around me but I have missed the last 4 now 😥
    Removes self from the flouncette step
    Hope you all enjoy it

GRAEMEJONES

So,Bunnyhop said it’s going to be warm eh ? 😛

Bunnyhop

BadlyWiredDog does not look happy. However myself (in yellow) and Julie (hugging me for warmth)look ecstatic.

Thanks for the memory Graham.

Pook

[video]http://vimeo.com/20437375[/video]

😀

forge197
    Free Member

I’m tentative for this depends how my big ride on Saturday goes and how battered from that I am, but be good to see some other localish trails.

Is there a lunchstop planned in?

nbt

Is there a lunchstop planned in?

Spot the roadie 🙂

No, I’m not a fan of stopping at cafés mid ridfe, I never get back into the groove afterwards. There’ll be plenty of time to grab cakes and powerbars from your bag when we stop to regroup

binners

Never mind cafe stops. There are pubs en route. Pubs are better than cafe’s. FACT! 😀

forge197
    Free Member

nbt 🙂 funny never owned a road bike or been a roadie, but being diabetic one eye on the fuel and one eye on the trial. 😀

I’ll make sure I have some snacks on board to eat.

BadlyWiredDog

BadlyWiredDog does not look [that un]happy[considering the conditions]. However myself (in yellow) and Julie (hugging me for warmth)look ecstatic positively desperate and a tad gurly with it.

FTFY

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Family committments on that date, but otherwise would have been up for it….pants.

Bunnyhop

santacruzsi – nbt has set up a ‘Marple riders’ group if you’re interested. His e-mail is in his profile. We do a night ride once a week and usually something out in the Peak District at weekends.

BWD – tad gurly? Yep it’s nice to cuddle one’s friends.

Chew
    Free Member

I’m in, just need to order some suitable winter tyres now

sambob
    Free Member

Bumpity bump. Snow on the ground at the moment.

singlespeedstu

Wooop woop.

Hope there’s still snow next week.

Rear wheel cleaned and new tyre fitted ready. 🙂

111209_145800 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

sambob
    Free Member

Can I have a go if it’s brought up? Looks fun.

singlespeedstu

No problem.

You might want one after having a go though. 😉

sambob
    Free Member

I can deal with that, I want almost every bike I try 🙁

nbt

common as ****, them, there’ll be at least two on the ride 😉

D0NK

Arse, ****, cobblers and ****, just been reminded my nephew is getting christened that day. Grrrr. Looks like i won’t be there after all.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Festive Pootle – Marple, Sunday 18th Dec, meeting 0930-1000hrs :-)’ is closed to new replies.