Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Feeling Pictish
  • rOcKeTdOg

This looks fab

The Pictish Trail

Spin
    Free Member

A little section of that is my commute to work!

This is not as scenic as it sounds. 😀

munrobiker
    Free Member

That looks cool, and because Huw designed it and he hates the Markus Stitz method of gravel route creation it’ll be rideable, not use shit trails when an adjacent quiet road is available and will be good fun.

rOcKeTdOg

scotroutes

A long distance bikepacking route in Scotland that doesn’t go over the Corrieyairack? That’ll never catch on 😂

Good to see some new options being suggested. Personally, I’d want to go Northbound but logistics probably work better with the Edinburgh finish.

supernova

Be a great route to do south after going up the west coast.

rstephenson
    Free Member

Great musician too! 🙃
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxHLsiwQBXFIIgXmxkRnzHA?feature=gws_kp_artist&feature=gws_kp_artist
    RM.

Thought I’d have a look to see if this was what the thread was about! Worked on Johnny’s house on the isle of Eigg a few years back. Love his music …

P20

Route looks great

longdog
    Free Member

The section through Angus is all good riding and goes within 600m from my house.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The section through Angus is all good riding and goes within 600m from my house.

Yes . Thankfully they didn’t try and shoehorn bikes onto the Cateran trail.

Spin
    Free Member

We’ve just bought a new house and it actually passes the front door. So let me know if you break down in Nairn or just fancy a cuppa!

Our initial plan for this summer was a tour in Norway but we’re a bit skint now so I think we’ll do a UK tour and start by heading south on the Pictish Trail from the front door.

ahsat

Totally just entered my top 5 routes to do as it looks achievable

13thfloormonk

Curious about logistics of getting to Dunnet Head?

Lots of stuff in there I’ve been wanting to ride or explore, would probably shorten by finishing at Dundee to see if I could do it in 4 or 5 days…

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Train from Inverness to Wick or Thurso and cycle up to Dunnet head.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

You could do the route south from Inverness then head south and west from Edzell to Pitlochry and head north over the Gaik and back to Inverness through Aviemore, Grantown and the Dava. Could be a good weekend adventure with no logistics issues. 2 or 3 days.

Also do the northern bit starting at Inverness train north cycle to start do the route down to Inverness in a weekend.

Lots of options.

13thfloormonk

Unfortunately I still consider ‘taking the train’ to be a logistical issue 😂 / 😭

In fairness to Scotrail I’ve not even tried to book bikes on the Inverness line recently, things might have improved 🙄

Edit: good advice above, loops from Inverness have been my go-to impromptu planning solution

ahsat

We got round that last year by going via Aberdeen and there were a lot more bike options. It’s fine if you aren’t in a rush.

scotroutes

I’ve taken cyclists to Dunnet Head.

https://www.johnogroatsbiketransport.co.uk/

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.