Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Father John misty on 6 music..
  • PrinceJohn

Ohmygoodness, what an amazingly pretentious awkward interviewee

jam-bo

Yeah, I heard that. ****.

boxelder

Twas funny though. You could sense how flustered SM was getting and then he asked him “am I flustering you?”…..thought he was going to swear at him.
    From about 1:35 here

cheers_drive

I like the fact the R&M didn’t hide the fact it was difficult and didn’t suck up to him.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mrs DD is off to see him in a few weeks in Brizzle. She says she doesn’t want to listen to the clip beforehand. 😀

I just have – wot a wanka!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Curmudgeonly. Glad the guys had a good giggle about it straight after.

Stoner
    Free Member

I was trying to get my chores out the way so I could catch the interview but missed it. I just turned on the radio as RadMac were nervously giggling to themselves about the interview. I guessed it had been a difficult one. I think I’ll miss it 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Great radio, Marconie lost all patience with him 😆

choppersquad
    Free Member

Bloke’s a dick.
    Shame really.

CountZero

I’ve heard him interviewed before, by LaLa, IIRC, and I don’t think he’s being deliberately pretentious, I think he’s very dry, and that ‘dryness’ sometimes gets misinterpreted; I’ve worked with a bloke at three different firms over thirty-odd years, and there’s a similarity, Mike has really upset some people who took things he said at face value, when he’s actually joking, but it’s very difficult to tell sometimes!
    I heard the interview while driving down to Bath for an X-Ray, and I was killing myself laughing at Stewart, he was really having problems. Sometimes I don’t think he really gets the joke, and is looking for an ulterior motive, when none actually exists.
    Not as difficult an interview as one I heard involving J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr; monosyllabic barely covers it, and I think that might have been LaLa as well.

boxelder

CZ – I remember the J Mascis one too. For me though, he can do no wrong.
    I reckon SM was annoyed that he’d sussed what questions were coming and that he (Father JM) was expecting something a bit different.

choppersquad
    Free Member

They should have asked him what his favourite colour was?
    We could have had a game of ‘celebrity walk out bingo’.

Superficial
    Free Member

That was excellent. At first I wondered whether he was being self aware and ironical, but that was quickly dashed. He went (in my estimation) from unashamedly aloof to troll to pillock over the course of five mins. Brilliant stuff.

You could almost imagine SM thinking he’s getting too old for this. Before realising that the man opposite him wasn’t a trendy youngster, but a moron.

Shame because I quite liked his album. Now I won’t be able to hear without thinking of the man.

scaredypants

Hmmm, yes Father thingy was an arse but some of the questions were pretty shit – maybe they hadn’t explained to him that the show’s about going along with their the gently daft schtick

only got to the first record though, so may have missed the worst bit

white101

did he string 4 words together without changing the subject or heading on a odd tangent? He sounds like a singing version of russel brand, lots of big fancy words and verbal posturing, his songs appear to have shagging refs.

J mascis I heard get interviewed by Marc Maron on his podcast and he came across great, I do like Dino Jr though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Father John misty on 6 music..’ is closed to new replies.