Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fat Lad at the back clothing? Any good?
  • renton
    Free Member

Looking at some bib tights and was wondering if anyone has used the FLAB clothing before?

Is the quality any good?

Cheers

BlobOnAStick

I have a couple of tops. I find them cut nicely for my shape, my older top has seen lots and lots of service and the zip is getting a bit stiff now, so despite being a full-length zip I tend to only undo it halfway and take it off over my head. But it must be 8+ years old now.

Sorry, can’t comment on the bibs.

haloric
    Free Member

I have two of the short bibs and one long, and a couple of the tops, which have survived several CX years.

I find them great for what they are, I just wish they would make a warmer breathable shell type top. But quality wise I have no complaints.

scotabroad

Have a pair of bib shorts and fits well – nicely cut – only critique is its very much a summer weight material – think it was the “jewels” model from memory

Speeder

Not sure I can see the attraction in wearing clothing labelled “Fat lad at the back” – it would have to be exceedingly cheap for me . . .

wordnumb
    Free Member

Could be funny if worn by someone neither fat, a lad nor typically “at the back”.

CheesybeanZ

Not sure I can see the attraction in wearing clothing labelled “Fat lad at the back” –

Said every dragon on Dragons Den , almost laughed them out of the studio.
    And yet they seem to have found a niche in the market .

ton

i got a full set up. bib tights, jersey and jacket.
    very expensive, and not very good quality. sent the lot back for a refund.

got some altura roubaix bibs, a keela jersey and a tog24 softshell for half the price, and far better quality.

FLATB stuff is made for people who are fatter at the waist.
    i need a 54” chest and a 40” waist. a 54” chest from FLATB is as wide at the waist.

jeffl

Can’t comment on their clothing but a sportive I did with them about 5 years ago had the best mid-ride food stop I’d ever seen. Porkpies anyone 🙂

onehundredthidiot

I’ve got a top, really only got it because I liked the look. Wear it because I like it. Not particularly fat at 69kg not usually at the back. Also have some stolen goat stuff pretty sure I’m neither a goat nor stolen.

MoreCashThanDash

I used to be a brand ambassador for them, so take my comments with that in mind.

But realistic sizing, quality materials made in ethical Italian factories not far Eastern sweatshops.

I’ve crashed hard in two of their jerseys, both survived with less damage than me.

I don’t particularly like many of their current designs, which is why I haven’t bought much recently.

jimdubleyou

The stuff I’ve had from them has been good.

Below 52 chest, it’s actually cut quite well (IMO). The proper big stuff is big all the way down.

Have worn out the bibs I had after about 6 years, they were my faves.

footflaps

Had no idea they did ‘normal’ sizes, just assumed it was for obese riders…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fat Lad at the back clothing? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.