Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Fast Food places – tidy or leave, walk and go?
  • v8ninety

He had to take the pickles off; 24 constitutes a significant overdose and could kill you, FACT.

As the the FoF, no idea. He must be mad.

binners

Oh, and anyone who slags off Maccy D’s has obviously never had a bad enough hangover to warrant the nuclear option…

To a hangover, this is Hiroshima!!!!

grum
    Free Member

Gherkins FTW. Used to hate them but love them now for some reason – as someone else said up there I have no idea why.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

It’s my birthday today, this thread has given me an idea for my birthday treat.

12 Big Macs and a filet of fish (pronounced “fee-lay” of course).

I think my wife will be proud.

martinhutch

It’s McDonald’s Restaurants Ltd, not McDonald’s Self Service Cafeteria Ltd. Why would I need to clear my own table?

Pigface
    Free Member

I love the Gherkins and a FoF is my favourite 😆

Havent had one for months, hungry now 😕

billyboulders
    Free Member

The only “food” I eat from McD’s is the gerkins – they’re delicious!
    I don’t like the rest of it (not because its nutritional value etc. I just don’t like the taste, same with liver, salmon, mushy peas, etc.) But my daughters like to go there occasionally so when I take them I have a cup of Mc-tea and the gerkins they remove from their burgers. Lovely.

(and we tidy up after)

Woody
    Free Member

Almost every time I drive up to Scotland, I’m inexplicably drawn into the MacD in Berwick.

This is invariably followed by a feeling of self-loathing, which I would like to say is due to my weakness in succumbing temporarily to the incessant marketing bombardment from a company with dubious ethics but in reality is purely down to being a greedy fat bastard who regrets eating the huge fat/salt and sugar content in the quick fix of something resembling food.

I absolve my ethical conscience on the way back by stopping in Jedburgh and supporting a local business in the shape of a black pudding or haggis supper.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Look I’m usually a terrible snob but there’s not much better than 5 double cheeseburgers at 2am after a night on the cider 🙂 Oh and tidy away after yourselves you animals!

hammy7272
    Free Member

I gorged myself on McD’s yesterday as I had a monster hangover and it tasted nice because it is bad for me. Funny that?

O it was takeawy and the rubbih is still on my living room floor and that felt good also.

edlong
    Free Member

When you’re a kid, every McDonalds feels like a victory. When you’re an adult every McDonalds feels like a defeat.

binners

Speak for yourself.

I’ve just spotted these on my first ever visit to the Macdonalds website. I’d definitely calling in at Maccy D’s on the way home tonight. They look like perfect pre-nightride fuel. How can these be bad for you? How? Eh? Its deep fried cheese FFS! Cheese! Thats been deep fried! Thats a match made in heaven! And only 1000 calories if I have 4 portions. That’s good. isn’t it?

Four breaded cheese dippers made with Camembert, served with a Tangy Tomato Dip.

makeitorange
    Free Member

It’s McDonald’s Restaurants Ltd, not McDonald’s Self Service Cafeteria Ltd. Why would I need to clear my own table?

This. If it wants to market itself as a restaurant the staff should clear the tables, like a normal restaurant.

binners

But that raises the issue of tipping

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Dictionary.com:

Restaurant
    noun
    an establishment where meals are served to customers.

Google:

Noun
    A place where people pay to eat meals.

Neither make references to tidying away your own tray.

yoshimi

I quite like McDonanlds, it serves a function

I miss these!

binners

I want 12 of those!

molgrips
    Free Member

I wish every McDonalds was a Taco Bell. Way better.

karen805
    Free Member

My sisters Ex is a manager at Burger King.. he always said to leave the mess, and actually had the figures of how many people were employed to clear the tables in fast food restaurants in the UK. No idea what the figure was now, but it was into the tens of thousands.

I still clear mine though, like any decent person would, however my trips to fast food places are thankfully few and far between.

piemonster

Can I add Dominos Pizza to the list of eateries I sneer at.

piemonster

And Greggs too.

binners

Well… you can. but You have to forfeit your name! 😉

piemonster

And those wretched EDC Eat & Drink Co places in Service Stations.

In fact, every single service station in the UK.

piemonster

Well… you can. but You have to forfeit your name

Lochinver Larder will sustain me.

piemonster

Yeh, check me out being all down with the common folk.

I’ve just ordered a Pizza from Dominos, I have no built in bias at to the quality of the inbound food whatsoever. Not exactly cheap these things. Probably around a fiver more than making one meself.

Just thought I’d share that with you, I know you all care so much that I’m testing out my food snobbery.

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Fast Food places – tidy or leave, walk and go?’ is closed to new replies.