Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Fast Food places – tidy or leave, walk and go?
  • FeeFoo
    Free Member

Yummy McDonald’s cheesburgers mmmmm

Delicious, delicious food. Feel sorry for those who don’t like it.
    Tasty and cheap along with super-quick service.

piemonster

Curiously you get the option of viewing the nutritional percentages for either a child or woman, but not a man.

In what respect is it not the sort of food you want to eat? Because it is meat? Because it is mass marketed?

Quality and nutritional value.

v8ninety

But then again I always steal the newspaper…

So that’s you is it?!?! I always seem to have breakfast just after you, grrrr. Seriously, put the newspaper down. 😉

Actually, I’ve just got back from an easy tea with the kids at my local maccies; nice warm food, clean tidy restaurant, clean high chair (seriously; so many places fail on this point) to keep the little one from wandering off, friendly staff that helped carry the food to our table, free balloons for the kids brought over, and asked if everything was ok with the food by staff before we left. Couldn’t ask for more for a low stress, low cost treat for the kids and me.

piemonster

Did anyone actually say that it’s good food? It’s just that admitting you eat junk food occasionally seems to be in the same moral bracket as shitting in your grannies handbag for some people.

Ah, wasn’t trying to imply that. (although I did refer to ASDA as a peasant hole, which wasn’t serious)

binners

Did anyone say it was good for you? I Must have missed that bit. Is anyone really that naive? Having a burger and chips is hardly going to be that! But if you think that because you’ve eaten at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen instead of Maccy D’s, then it’s better for you, and paid 4 times as much, which must surely reinforce the assumption, then you’re delusional,

piemonster

Much has changed in McDonalds in the last twenty years.

But the Fillet Of Fish is exactly the same. I think it may actually be twenty years old.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Quality and nutritional value.

Ok, so,it has little nutritional value?
    You will have to unpick ‘quality’ a little, you mean taste?

piemonster

I don’t eat burgers

Yes, taste will do it. And the smell, I think the last thing I ate was a McMuffin of some sort. I’m guessing bacon and egg.

piemonster

Ok, I’m scouring the available foodstuffs for options.

I’m going to make an up to date first hand evaluation tomorrow.

v8ninety

Hey that McDonalds nutritional info website is quite interesting;

All our burgers are made from 100% beef, supplied by farms accredited by nationally recognised farm assurance schemes.
    Only whole cuts of beef from forequarter and flank go into our burgers, with nothing added but a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking.

So lips and ears are which part?
    A Big Mac is only 490cal too, even large fries come in under the 500. Feeling less guilty about my sub 1000 calorie treat earlier, now…

piemonster

I think I’ve settled on a Spicy Veggie Wrap, and those gunk cheese balls Binners was going on about.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I don’t eat burgers

Yes, taste will do it. And the smell, I think the last thing I ate was a McMuffin of some sort. I’m guessing bacon and egg.

Ok, so it’s just a personal thing. I feel much the same about liver.

Cougar

Do lips and ears still qualify as “beef”?

Genuine question.

binners

Would you describe lips as beefy? 😉

yunki
    Free Member

piemonster

Yunki, that’s brilliant.

Oh, and the good food thing wasn’t a reference to healthy food.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Reported for spam/advertising

McDonald’s ‘food’ is grim.
    Well it was 15years ago when i last ate some, maybe it’s improved since then?
    Please do not feel sorry for me though, I’m happy to never eat any of their products, I can’t say I feel I’m denying myself some kind of epicurean pleasure.

yunki
    Free Member

piemonster – Jake and Dinos Chapman.. good stuff

FWIW I am chowing a McD’s as I type.. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and Molly. Please stop being so uptight.

That’s a big ask…

_tom_
    Free Member

Say what you will but you cant beat a big mac or double cheeseburger when you’re in the mood for it (usually drunk or hung over). May not be “good” food but it hits the spot sometimes.

Burger king double whopper ftw though 🙂 shame theres no BK near us any more, I haven’t had one for years.

To answer the op, I normally tidy myself but if the service has been crap then I’ll leave it.

yunki
    Free Member

It’s just that admitting you eat junk food occasionally seems to be in the same moral bracket as shitting in your grannies handbag for some people.

but weirdly, if you piss in your mother in law’s slippers you get paraded around the streets like a conquering hero..

even if she happens to be a granny too

A paradox if ever there was

v8ninety

Reported for spam/advertising

Don’t think they do anything made from spam.
    Mmmmm… <drool> The McSpam. There’s a wonderful idea…

piemonster
    binners

Jake and Dinos Chapman? Brilliant! Passing scathing comment on consumer society while flogging the result for millions to Charles Saatchi yeah… **** Macdonalds and their capitalist greed!

yunki
    Free Member

To my eyes it’s more a comment on the repugnance of people who live in glass houses poring scorn on others..

is it about greed and consumerism at all..?
    Or is that just you projecting your issues..?

How many chat rooms and forums are full of self important folk scoffing at each other’s perceived failings..?
    The ‘poor me anti capitalist thing’ is soooo last century don’tcha know.. there are other valid forms of moral outrage available from the gift shop

RichPenny
    Free Member

Forequarter?

muckytee
    Free Member

To answer the original question: I work in a food place and people make a real mess sometimes, but I’m not too bothered, people generally are messy… but, when people leave things on tables about a metre from the bin, I think you a lazy ****.

johndoh
    Free Member

Not read it all but I can cope with people leaving mess in the place (there are people to clear up). I would gladfully peel the skin off the screaming bodies of the low-life that throw their wrappers out of their cars.

piemonster

How many chat rooms and forums are full of self important folk scoffing at each other’s perceived failings..?

Oi, that’s my hobby.

Git.

I’ve nothing left now but to sit in a corner with the lights off

IanW
    Free Member

Never clear up when eating out, what’s the point in that?

binners

If you can make few million out of your outraged morality and your oh so valid social commentary then I’m sure it helps clarify things.

grum
    Free Member

I absolutely love threads like this. Where the type of insufferable snob person who has probably used the word artisan, when referring to a loaf of bread, gets to assert their breathtaking level of gullibility utterly superior good taste through their choice of supermarket/sandwich emporium, under the patently ridiculous idea that anybody cares, let alone be dazzled and impressed, as the poster clearly imagines the obvious result to be.

Pretty sure I’ve heard snobbishness similar to that which you are criticising when you post about music. OK to look down on people for liking certain bands but not ok to slag off McDonalds? 😉

I used to work in McDonalds a long time ago – never really bothered me if people didn’t put their stuff in the bin TBH as long as they didn’t make a horrific mess.

binners

A loathing for Mumford and Sons isn’t snobbery! Its a clean bill of mental health, surely? 😀

Anyway… back to the original point. Grum – When you worked in Maccy D’s, did every single piece of discarded Big Mac packaging contain the gherkins previously used to besmirch the burger? Or somewhere is there some lunatic who doesn’t remove them first?

_tom_
    Free Member

I leave the gherkins in my McDonalds burgers 😮

Flaperon

This thread is fascinating.

The impression I generally get from the STW forums is that everyone is a sandal-wearing Tory-bashing leftie, clutching a copy of the Guardian between wringing hands.

Judging by the replies on this thread, you’re all as bad as those you profess to hate. Class warfare is alive and well, except you’re fighting for the wrong side. I note that it’s perfectly OK, based on another thread, to buy a second house to get your kids into a “good” school, but private schools are the epitome of evil.

Does anyone give a toss who eats in McDonalds? I find it fascinating that you feel that someone is beneath you based on what they’re wearing or eating. I put to you that this is not really any different from straightforward racism or ageism.

Funnily enough, when the supermarket horse meat scandal was in the news a few months ago, nothing was said about McDonalds? D’you know why? Because they could trace every bit of their meat.

I shall buy my lunch in McDonalds today simply because I know it will annoy you.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

did every single piece of discarded Big Mac packaging contain the gherkins previously used to besmirch the burger?

haha yes they did, but I learnt to eat mine from an early age.

best bit about working in McDonalds was mastering the ten-ten turn-lay while driving the bun machine too.

when i was on duty in the eating area, i used to hope people would leave a mess behind, to give me something to do. the bigger the mess the better, as long as no bodily fluids. i generally hated all the customers anyway, so whether or not they bothered to clear up after themselves was of no concern to me.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Maccy D’s is great. Free parking, wifi, well priced tasty coffee and clean toilets. The food is what it is but at least you what you are getting.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

(I didn’t hate them because they were Mcdonald’s customers, I just hate the general public.)

v8ninety

Oi, Flaperon, careful with that tarry brush, you and I post here too…

Anyway, everybody needs to feel superior to somebody, it’s a deep seated psychological need, so don’t be to hard on the STWerati.

Pickle debate; love them, I either keep them on, or remove them to eat them first. BUT only recently, I actually used to dislike them intensely. I have no idea how the conversion occurred…

binners

My mate Neil once ate 12 Big Mac’s, one after the other, in a mid-bender refueling stop. He took the gherkins off though, and put his packaging in the bin. Then, completely inexplicably, he had one of these….

Why would you do that?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Fast Food places – tidy or leave, walk and go?’ is closed to new replies.