• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Farleton Knott trail builders (rant)
  • thekettle
    Free Member

If you’re involved in trail building here please be aware:

The farmer on the East side hates bikers, which is why the old track fell into disuse (he laced it with barbed wire). The two trails that have been dug in the last year have renewed his anger, now there’s a double barbed wire fence running along the edge of the road at the bottom, I watched a lad pile straight into it yesterday. If you damage this fence, he’ll start putting barbed wire on the trails again I expect.
    On the West (M6) side, whoever is building, please try and be discreet, this means don’t:
    Leave all your rubbish there
    Start camp fires and burn fresh wood in an open field
    Rig up bright blue tarps and leave them up
    Leave your tools out on the trail
    Build flights of push-up steps on gently angled grass

The whole area is open, easily seen from the adjacent fields, and this building could jepoardise decades of tolerated (unofficial) access to the old DH race course.
    I applaud your enthusiasm but please think more ‘stealth’, use existing terrain features more and you efforts won’t be ripped down by the ranger on his next visit.
    Rant over.

thekettle
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd.

Euro
    Free Member

Sounds like dirt jumps so unlikely to anybody on here.

he’ll start putting barbed wire on the trails again I expect

There’s bound to be a better way to stop someone riding where they aren’t allowed that doesn’t involve potential serious injury. Flattening, blocking off or digging large holes before the jumps would do it (perhaps). I’d hope that, regardless of who owns the land, what he is doing was illegal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Farleton Knott trail builders (rant)’ is closed to new replies.