Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • FANTASTIC!!!!
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Having spent more weekends than I should have in a pair of overpriced German boots, training to climb up a Spanish mountain that was cancelled anyway because of bad weather, today I whooped and hollered (ahem) in the Surrey Hills in glorious autumn sunshine astride The Lovely ChunkiMunki (a bike) and suddenly rediscovered what being alive felt like.

Next – beer and pizza.

How was YOUR day? 😀

Woody
    Free Member

My folks arrived for a short stay……………nice day, no riding but going out soon for food and beer, so all is not lost 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just read something positive by Woppit, so things must be pretty good! 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What are you saying Elfie – that you are surprised Woppit can have a spiritual experience ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not really. I’ve ridden in the Surrey Hills (with you on at least one occasion I’m sure), and can see how it would bring joy to a person’s soul.

Well I think it’s nice someone’s had a nice day and has posted about their positive experience, on here. 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

well i did not much this morning, but had a quick but beautiful 35km, 1000m vertical road ride in the alps, through the snow line. was very very lovely, even if i was freezing my tits off… and i just consumed a wonderful casserol.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve ridden in the Surrey Hills and can see how it would bring joy to a person’s soul.

Indeed …… a thousand feet above sea level brings you closer to God.

carlosg
    Free Member

Up at 7.00 watched 1/2 an hours telly in bed with the family , had a lovely brekky of croissant and freshly ground coffee , met up with my mates at 10 and did a leisurely 25 miles.

Back home for 2.00 after a detour to Wickes , fixed a leaky tap and replaced a wire from the light switch to the fitting , completely stripped my Reba’s ready for replacing all the seals then took the stickers of the lowers so they can be repainted too.

Now I’m smelling delicious aromas from the kitchen and being told to lay the table!

pretty much a perfect day 8)

2hottie
    Free Member

10mile run. now where’s the red wine…

carbon337
    Free Member

Full day at Glentress followed by a Sunday dinner which should be in front of me in 20 mins… 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Did a great 55ish mile ride from Exeter to somewhere with two other guys. Massive beef filled baguette half way round at a pub in the sun. Bit of cloud on the way back and got a bit cold, but fantastic ride. Only problem was this was meant to be my recovery day..

forge197
    Free Member

full of cold so no riding 🙁

sharki
    Free Member

Large sunday brunch, rode to Balerno then up into the Pentlands, rode loads of non winter friendly trails, went round lots of puddles then back to the big city.
    Good chilled day really.

nickc

Fantastic day at Cannock. followed the dog and spanked the monkey and some off piste stuff too. The sun shone and every-one was in a good mood.

Lush

stumpy01

Serviced my Reba’s and they now have all their travel back, the lockout works and I can’t wait to give them an outing…

djglover
    Free Member

I watched xfactor repeats and then had a 4 hour wankathon.

Perfect day

JonEdwards
    Free Member

the Surrey Hills in glorious autumn sunshine

6 hours of sublime, dusty, leafy singletrack in said hills in said sunshine. **** awesome. Feels like the best ride I’ve had in ages.

Roast beef about to go in the oven, beer is chilling in the fridge. Apple crumple and custard afterwards. Life is good.

joolsburger
    Free Member

6 hours up there today, perfect trails, nutters running an off road marathon 😯 Hot sausage rolls for lunch in Peaslake and nobody crashed.

Best local ride this year.

Large beer on the patio…

Junkyard
    Free Member

ae uplift up at 5am 10 runs one hospitalisation – not me for a change total refusal of the [very]large jumps/death drops everything else done shredder is very flowy [downhill less so] as the trail centre types say . It was high but I did not meet god- perhaps I was just too slow to keep up 😉
    The one downhiller with us was tired after 7 uplifts and had to be persuaded to use gravity one more time 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Mr Woppit – bad luck on your Spanish mountain 🙁 We do have one or two delightful ones in the U.K. though, any good for you?

Terrific solo ride in the Chilterns today aboard the ‘Honourable P-T’. Nearly ended in tears down a gulley cos I was out of control but she took care of me. 8)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

‘morning C_G.

Done Snowdon (Miner’s Trail up, Pyg Track down). Might be tempted by Scafell Pike. Going back to the Sierra Nevada next year with the bike…

Not quite sure what all that “god” and “soul” twiffle was about from Tweedle-elf and Tweedle-ern, just made me feel good, and that’s enough.

It’s the garden, not the fairies.

cinnamon_girl

Mr W – the Berwyns are rather pleasant and fairly quiet. Nice for walking but also there’s the classic Wayfarer’s route to ride. 8)

Elf and Ern are back on their happy pills, long may it continue. 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘FANTASTIC!!!!’ is closed to new replies.