Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Family tents
  • misterduncan
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info! Very useful.

We’d be interested in the Vango for sale if Blue Monday hasn’t pipped us. Where are you based?

takisawa2

Montana 6.
    I can have it up alone in 30mins.
    Just so much more civilised.
    Full height throughout etc
    Not cheap, but worth it.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

what do they charge to camp there for a couple and 2 little doggies Jambo? I can’t find a price list anywhere, looks lovely 🙂

Alini
    Free Member

Opportunistic Thread Highjack!!!

We are selling a Vango Icarus 500 with additional Vango porch. £100

Maybe of interest if you’re in / around Yorkshire area?

jam-bo

what do they charge to camp there for a couple and 2 little doggies Jambo? I can’t find a price list anywhere, looks lovely

Not a lot. Think we paid £10 a night but it was off season. To be honest I think the farmer comes round in his pickup about sunset and they make it up as they go

datsunman

Bluemonday and Misterduncan, I’m in Milton Keynes, email is in profile to save hijacking the thread. 🙂

stumpy01

We’ve got a Vango Orchy 600 with the large canopy attachment.

We originally thought the tent would be big enough on it’s own; it’s just for the two of us. And it is big enough, but the tent soon feels small if it’s raining and you are stuck inside it.

With the canopy, we have moved the cooking gear under it and unless the rain is really driving in, we can keep the front of the tent open in bad weather, which is a lot more pleasant than having to shut all the doors and coop yourself up.

I’d go and try a few tents out if you get the chance at somewhere like Decathlon or Go Outdoors, noting down what they are for reference. This will give you an idea of what sort of size you might want, even if you don’t go for those specific ones. Try to imagine how much space a few chairs, table etc. will take up.
    Our tent looked massive the first time we put it up, until we stuck a few bits and pieces inside.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    what do they charge to camp there for a couple and 2 little doggies Jambo? I can’t find a price list anywhere, looks lovely.

Not a lot. Think we paid £10 a night but it was off season. To be honest I think the farmer comes round in his pickup about sunset and they make it up as they go.
    is that per pitch or per person, I like to know my budget before we set off y’see, Lol

jam-bo

pitch i think.

phone number here. give them a call. I don’t think they’ve heard of the internet….

http://www.campsite-review.co.uk/Cornwall/Wadebridge/Atlantic_View_Caravan_Park.html

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

cheers Jam bo, i’ll do just that pal

bluemonday22
    Free Member

Hi Datsunman,no mention of your email in your profile,can you contact me on mine? Cheers.

thorpie
    Free Member

I would recommend Outwell and as it happens I am selling an Outwell Nevada MP tent from last year, one weeks use only but does have a couple of small tears (I have photographs). Selling with footprint and carpet if interested. Looking for £300.

Trevor.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Oh yeah I’ve got a 2007 Montana 6 spare, it’s getting on but you may get a season or two out of it. I’ve got the footprint groundsheet and sunshade attachment. The tent itself is pretty watertight however there is a hole near one of the front/side windows which we patched with some tape stuff after a particularly tasty storm last year. One of the steel poles is slightly bent and one of the sunshade guy ropes is off at the tab but both function fine. Free/small charity donation to any noob camper. Pick up from Hertfordshire.

datsunman

Bluemonday – that’s odd, can’t see yours either for some reason.

Mine is dbrettmk AT gmail.com

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Family tents’ is closed to new replies.