Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Family accommodation near Paris?
  • lister

We’re off to the Alps in the summer and want to split the journey on the way down to take the kids into Paris for a day or two.

Any recommendations where we could stay please? Family of 4, east side of the city, fairly secure parking for a van full of bikes, walking distance to a station where we can get into Paris easily.
    Happy with a mobile home or apartment self catering sort of thing. There’s loads on airbnb but looking for personal suggestions as I’m sure someone on here just have done something similar.

Also looking for a ‘nice’ town half way between Morzine and Calais to spend one night on the way home!

Cheers

Edukator
    Free Member

There are regular trains in from Epernay and Reims.

ericf
    Free Member

We(2 adults, 2 kids age 4 and 6) stayed here last summer on the way back from Switzerland. I wanted to take the kids into Paris but not stay in Paris. I also wanted a quick exit to the motorway to catch our ferry home. The accommodation was basic but clean but had the added bonus of a pool we could use. It was roasting last summer so was very glad of the pool. The parking was on the drive of the main house and was secured by a big electronic gate. We drove into Chantilly(10mins) to catch the fast train to Paris. It takes about 20-30 mins on the fast train and was pretty cheap. There was a local train station within walking distance of the house as well where you could catch a slower less frequent train.

pocpoc
    Free Member

We stayed here for a night either side of a Disneyland trip a couple of years ago:
    Sejours et Affaires Serris Rive Gauche

Aparthotel, so you get a little kitchenette, dining area, bedroom with double bed and lounge with a sofabed. Parking was in a gated underground car park (might want to check the heights if in a van). Big supermarket and shopping centre just around the corner. Train station a couple of minutes walk away and Google suggests direct trains in to Paris.
    It was relatively basic, but it served us well as a family of 5 to crash for a night at a time. And it was pretty cheap too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Family accommodation near Paris?’ is closed to new replies.