• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • rOcKeTdOg

Lol @ Max
    Hammo-*fastest ever lap at interlagos*

Max-
    “I need new tyres”

Gets new tyres

*takes hammos fastest lap*

tomhoward

Ted kravitz shows a pic to camera of a young Brendan Hartely, explaining how he came up with his race number.

Friend texts him ‘COCK’, appears on screen, live on air.

Embarrassed Ted…. 😆 😆

hudders
    Free Member

Great timing, made me laugh.

tomhoward

Begs the question, who is MSY? I’d like to buy them a beer.

Moe

Alonso v Hammy

Herein lies the crux of the problem, that together with Hammy’s comments regarding the engine restriction for next year. The drivers want to race, we (the audience) want to see them race in the fastest cars. Yet the commentator says he didn’t need to do it? ……. WTF!?

Too much science not enough sport!

the-muffin-man

Max-
    “I need new tyres”

Gets new tyres

*takes hammos fastest lap*

Apparently Max gets a bonus when he gets a fastest lap – hence the reluctance of the team to bring him in! 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

Is it just me or should Lee McKenzie be running the whole channel 4 coverage with a new team and get rid of DC, Jones, Karun, Eddie?

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, just you, I like the team, except Eddie, who doesn’t bring much, and possibly Steve Jones, who’s obviously there to compére rather than anything more.

slowoldman

I certainly think they should get rid of Jones. He’s appalling. Lee is very classy and I reckon she could anchor the show easily. I would keep DC and probably Karun, but ditch Eddie too.

I find myself using the mute button on the remote quite often.

shermer75
    Free Member

Also no fan of Eddie, and you’re right Lee is very good- self assured and (rightly) confident in her knowledge and experience. However I also like DC for the same reasons and I find Jones really funny, he manages to lighten up the otherwise po-faced world of F1.

njee20
    Free Member

I rather agree, like I say, I’d say he’s compéring rather than presenting as such, and he does that well with quite a diverse team.

retro83
    Free Member

Agree Shermer, although I’d keep EJ just for the look of panic on the other presenters faces when he goes off piste. 🙂

Moe

….. when he goes off piste.

that’s his saving grace but he over eggs it! Another one from the Clarkson School of Presenters. Lesson one, become a parody of yourself. Lesson two, repeat. end of term.

thepurist

Will Whisper be doing live coverage for other channels (eg Oz) is when the C4 deal ends next year? I think Lee would prefer to stay involved with the interviews etc rather than fronting the whole show.

the-muffin-man

So Hartley and Gasley confirmed for Torro Rosso for 2018.

Really pleased for Hartley, and I hope this makes the F1 teams look a little wider for their drivers instead of just searching for the latest 16yr old hot-shot.

Bez

Sounds like Williams are continuing to make positive noises about Kubica…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/42078339

shermer75
    Free Member

I hope so! I have to say that I saw the recent addition of Sergey Sirotkin to the list as a sign that they were casting their net wider because they weren’t sure Kubica will work, but this news would seem to indicate otherwise..

thepurist

Meanwhile at the FIA Jean Todt gets his 3rd and final term unopposed. So that’s no chance of any direction from the top until 2021.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Vettel, Hamilton and Ricciardo in today’s press conference.

Ricciardo: “Between the three of us we’ve 8 world titles, so it’s pretty good.”

Legend 😆

Some proper ‘bants’ quotes from between the drivers on Sky Sports FB page today.

the-muffin-man
    the-muffin-man

Some proper ‘bants’ quotes from between the drivers on Sky Sports FB page today.

This was my favourite!…

Vettel: “You didn’t have to pass many people this year!”
    Hamilton: “I passed you a couple of times, that was enough!”

shermer75
    Free Member

This is not the most exciting race lol

the-muffin-man

Nope – rather dull.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Thank goodness that dire 2017 season is finally over, here’s hoping that hell freezes over the winter and they radicalise the rules so in 2018, we see more overtakes on the tracks!

the-muffin-man

Should hopefully close up a bit now they’ve all had a new season with the new spec cars.

milky1980
    Free Member

You’re all missing the big question of the season:

Who won the STW Fantasy F1 League??

shermer75
    Free Member

Who won the STW Fantasy F1 League??

I’m guessing GT?

shermer75
    Free Member

I replaced Raikonnen with Ricciardo for the last few races which proved to more than a little costly!! 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

So the otehr big question- who’s gonna be first to pull the trigger on starting the 2018 thread lol 😉

thepurist

Interesting quote slipped in here about a “non live OTT” platform, so does that mean on demand race reruns direct from liberty for a hopefully modest annual fee?

shermer75
    Free Member

It looks good! Not sure about the colour though..

shermer75
    Free Member

pondo

Where’s the rest of it?

muddyground
    Free Member

And how much would they have been stiffed for that logo? Somebody somewhere is laughing all the way to their next Picasso or two.

onandon
    Free Member

Does anyone have the link to the stw fantasy league?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Possibly one of the worse circuits to end the season at.

shermer75
    Free Member
    thepurist

Possibly one of the worse circuits to end the season at.

Yep interlagos was way better and I expect the after parties were a bit more interesting too, but Abu Dhabi gave bernie a metric truckload of cash for the last slot on the calendar so we’re stuck with them for now. Maybe something else for liberty to look at past 2021.

simondbarnes

Oh, I completely forgot about fantasy f1. Top half without any in season transfers. That’ll do I guess.

onandon
    Free Member

I ranked 18th with making no changes during the season.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.