Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • F*** CANCER – Sorry / not sorry.
  • bigblackshed

This is probably the toughest thing I’ve had to write.

I’ve just been diagnosed with brain cancer. All of the details are still a blur, when, how bad, and all of the ramifications. I need to write this down whilst The Wife is out otherwise I won’t managed it.

But **** CANCER. I’ve got a life to live, I’ve got things I need to do.

In the meantime, and I whilst I can, I need to ride my bike with as many of you lovely people as I can. I need to go on adventures.  I need to swim in the sea, drink perfect beer and eat superb food. Most of all I need you all to joke, make me laugh, argue with me about tyre choices, and generally be beautiful people.

Also, **** CANCER.

* I need some socks and t-shirts to raise some money and to say **** CANCER.

** Sorry / not sorry.

grahamt1980

Not got the words, or have the knowledge but it isn’t over until it is over.
    There are treatments and trials around should you choose to go that way with it.
    KBO, and make the most of the time you have.
    Oh and post on here as much as you need to

dawson

No words, But Fk Cancer. Virtual manhug from a stranger.

Vent all you like.

singletrackmind

Time to write a bucket list of things you want to do before your not able to.
    Then get a move on and start ticking them off .
    Life sometimes kicks you in the nuts . Getting up and getting on afterwards is hard but gotta be done

gallowayboy

Not really got the words either, but…wishing you strength, courage and sunny days. If i’m in your area, i’ll endeavour to ride a bike with you.

dhague

Forking shirtballs – time for a new bike? 🙂

Big hug!

oldnpastit

Nothing to say but ****.

Drac

**** Cancer!

ads678

F*** cancer indeed!

Having seen it up close recently I know how hard it is, well I don’t cos it isn’t me. I’ve seen how its affected my sisters life and how hard it is for her son and husband. But I’ve also seen how strong it makes people, and how the love comes out. Get out and live.

Big hugs.

Oh and…

drink perfect beer

If you find it, post up here what and where it is.

kelvin

Shit.

simondbarnes

It’s a **** shit disease, sorry about your news 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sorry that is shit 🙁

Use this forum to vent, ask stupid stuff, go for rides with random strangers. There are some amazing folk on here.

Do you what you need to do while you can, try not to shut loved ones out.

Hard to hear, and maybe too raw at the moment, but plan your final days to the best of your ability. One of my family members didnt, and they probably didnt get the supported final few weeks they could have done if they had planned their palliative care well with all the brilliant support structures that are in place for when its needed.

scaredypants

Best wishes to you and your loved ones.  Did anyone come with you when you got the diagnosis?  If not, I’d ask for a summary letter or a further meeting

I’m available for mildly inspiring rides in the new forest area at pretty much the drop of a hat.  Adequate beer a strong possibility; edible food likewise.  Sea-swimming? Well, I’ll watch your clothes for you*

* or steal ’em if adventure is really what you’re after 🙈

the-muffin-man

Forking shirtballs – time for a new bike? 🙂

…even better on a buy-now / pay-later deal! 🙂

#f*ckcancer

tjagain

3rd for new bike time!

Live for now – and the perfect beer is harviston Bitter and Twisted

Get your arse up to Scotland and I’ll ride a bike with you

willard

Dammit. Nothing I can really add to this thread other than an internet hug and agreement that cancer can **** RIGHT OFF.

IHN

Live for now – and the perfect beer is harviston Bitter and Twisted

Half of this statement is correct, the other half is bollocks.

Get your arse up to Scotland and I’ll ride a bike with you

If you stop off in the Peaks on the way there or back, so will I.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Can’t offer much,  except more manhugs, you can have those. Hope it helps a little

jamj1974

Sorry to hear this bigblackshed.  Another fuckcancer from me.

nicko74

Mate, I saw your original post, tried to think of something helpful to say and failed.
    But now other people have replied, I can say F888 Cancer, that’s really shit. But there’s a long way to go yet, don’t let it think it can win!
    And obviously the STW forum is here for you to vent/ listen/ talk nonsense/ post pointless stuff/ etc

mrchrispy

cancer can get f**ked and when it gets there is can get f**ked all over again.
    anonymous internet manhugs coming your way.

you are clearly not well if you want to swim in the UK sea, go somewhere warm and with less sewage 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Nothing I can possibly say other than fight it as long as you can.

Indeed, **** Cancer

matt_outandabout

I have nothing helpful to say, but offer a big virtual hug and an offer to see you on the trail sometime.

augustuswindsock

Where are you based Bigblackshed?

I can see a group ride coming on?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Fuckcancer

uggski

Yep **** cancer!

blokeuptheroad

So sorry to hear this, I really hope you nail as many of these adventures as you can and that your prognosis is better than you fear. Look after yourself. **** cancer!

twistedpencil

**** cancer indeed.

North west of England, will ride for smiles.

On a positive note the leaps in medicine around cancer are amazing.  Inhibitors have given my mum her life back after a really horrendous prognosis. She’s still here 5years on, having heart treatment because she has reacted so well to the medication. I hope you can find similar treatment.

And cancer can still get to ****.

stanley

Stage 4 prostate cancer here. Spread to lymph nodes and incurable. I’m nearly two years past diagnosis.

I know nothing about brain cancer but plenty about living with this shit. PM me any time if you want a chat, bike ride, vent, etc.

**** cancer

tuboflard

Cancer sucks balls. It’s a cruel disease with no discrimination. Make sure you have people to talk to, and take someone along with you to the consultant so they can listen to the detail and ask questions, it’ll almost certainly be too much for you to digest.

And have hope in treatment. My mum is stage 4 peritoneal cancer but the inhibitors are keeping her steady for now 18 months on from what we thought might be six months at most.

nicko74

stanley
    Stage 4 prostate cancer here. Spread to lymph nodes and incurable. I’m nearly two years past diagnosis.

Holy f***!

Sending out strength, beers, and hopefully some positive mental spirit to you and everyone currently dealing with the f’er that is cancer

ernielynch

🎗️

oldfart

While you are doing a UK road trip come to the South West and I’ll show you round the Quantocks if you don’t know the way , as for tyre choices they are all rubbery 👍👍👍👍

midlifecrashes

Bollocks.

**** Cancer.

Hugs.

funkmasterp

Really wish I had something to say other than **** cancer. If a group ride is on the cards I’m up for it. Love to you and yours.

chewkw
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that.  Stay strong.

Don’t give up as medical advances can still provide solution.

My sister is recovering from Stage 4 colon cancer (currently in hospital recovering from some complication and a second operation 3 days ago. I am supporting her and everyone in my family)

breninbeener

Dude, thats shit but come out fighting.

Im in N Wales and we have the sea and bikie riding and some lovely micro breweries.

Get a new bike or just bring your old one.

Come and ride with a stranger

Ian

tjagain

Im half cut but:you perhaps remember my story.   My partner died of cancer and i have been recovering since

Two bits of advice.  Say yes to everything.   Its all about you now.  Following those two things has taken me to weird and wonderful places

Meeting random stwers while riding around on my bike has been great.  Some highly memorable events.   Go for that big bike ride and meet folk.

On a more practical level please feel free to contact me.   I have both professional and personal experience that may help

Poopscoop

First off, not all brain cancer are equal. Peole can and do survive it. Have a cry and a bit of a scream (I sent off like a bloody Werewolf at one point) then put on a good escapist movie or some good music.

The people on here are awesome as you know and we are here for you.

Now.

Most of all I need you all to joke,

If at any point you need a blood transfusion just let know.

(In joke for us cancer boys, ya dig?😉)

Also, attempting to grow a second brain isn’t even a humble brag!

Now, again.

For the moment just one for in front of the other mate. That’s all you can do, so embrace it. We are here.

jeffl

Yep cancer can totally do one. If you fancy a ride round the east of the Peak District shout out. Although it may be a bit mincy if you’re a STW riding god, but the views and beers are good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.