• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Exposure lights- Maxx D Mk8 or Mk9
  • Frisky
    Free Member

Been a while and have got back into mtb’ing after a good summer of building back fitness. Last lights I had were lupine edison 5’s which cost £500 back in 2004!! These were great lights but once the bulb went I couldn’t buy replacements!

I’ve done some research and come to the conclusion Exposure lights- Maxx D Mk8 or Mk9 would be more than enough compared to my old lights and budget ideally no more than £200 which means I may have to look on eBay or an older Exposure Maxx D that might be online still.

Does anyone have any other recommendations or know of any deals, checked wiggle + crc and can pick up a maxi d mk8 for £260 is the best I can find.

stuey
    Free Member

If possible try to buy with Tesco clubcard voucher 2 for 1 at Evans.
    – they will also price match 🙂

shaungero
    Free Member

Where did you find one for £260 ?

iainc

I have a MK8 and rate it. It had a switch fail in March when 5 months old and was replaced. They have now changed the touch switch panel for the MK 9 so wonder if they were problematic…

shaungero
    Free Member

Cheers,
    Just about worth getting the mk9 for the button on the back. Toro looks good to

jonm81

I just got a Toro and it is great when combined with the Diablo. Avoid the capacitive switches if possible as they are pants.

Alex

I used the tesco vouchers to get the MK8. But the capacitive switch was extremely random. Evans gave me the option of getting Exposure to ‘re-tune’ it or an upgrade to a MK9 which has a proper switch. Went with the MK9 and very happy.

You do see Evans/Rutland cycles do some good deals later in the year but best you’re probably going to get now is the standard 10%…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights- Maxx D Mk8 or Mk9’ is closed to new replies.