Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Exmoor Explorer
  • jacko54321
    Free Member

anyone know where to enter this ?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

ENTRY HERE. 2010 entry not open yet though.

Reckon I'll do it this year, so see you there.

Milkie
    Free Member

I did it last year, great fun! Apart from having to walk back 3 miles to look for my sunglasses… I didn't find them.

I think its sometime in April they open registration for the Exmoor Explorer.

My photo's from last years Exmoor Explorer

crispybacon
    Free Member

have done the last 4 & I agree it's a great day out on Exmoor, they even mark the route now unlike previous years when it was very easy to get lost or go the wrong way 😕

Usually they open up the entries at the beginning of April – see sponging-machines link above, maybe see some of you on Sunday 1st August on Exmoor.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Make sure you get off the front or you'll be held up by less-than-experienced riders blocking up perfectly rideable singletrack because it's a bit too steep/muddy/gnarly for them, so they walk or "foot-push" down it…

crispybacon
    Free Member

Make sure you get off the front or you'll be held up by less-than-experienced riders blocking up perfectly rideable singletrack because it's a bit too steep/muddy/gnarly for them, so they walk or "foot-push" down it…

Oops, sorry about that 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not at all. Just saying, like… 😀

Milkie
    Free Member

Sooo true, the bit after the downhill at Dunkery was quite bad with people walking their bikes down, bit of a bottleneck, but it had to be expected really as it was quite entertaining trying to stay upright on the bike and swerving between pushers! But also don't follow a know it all, who goes the wrong way!

We'll be staying at Exe Valley Caravan Park again… Nice site, electric, hot showers and best of all a very nice pub with amazing steak & ale pie. :mrgreen:

jacko54321
    Free Member

Thanks a lot, Those pictures look really good, decided to some races/events this year. Anyone know of any other similar ones in the south west?

Cheers

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

great event, gutted that i missed last year and will also miss this year as it falls on the wife's birthday.

anyone know if mallets bash is on this year?

crispybacon
    Free Member

have a look at the Devon Dirt a whole £8 to enter & a good day out on the bike in Devon/Dartmoor 🙂

Then there is the Dorset Dirt which is only £5 to enter 🙂

For a race there is always the Bontrager 24/12 but I think most of the solo entries have already gone.

jacko54321
    Free Member

Cool, ill check them out and enter if I'm free

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Have a look at the fully sussed website for details of the SW XC series/evening series too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor Explorer’ is closed to new replies.