Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Excercise advice needed.
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

Ok now after a while off the bike (broken arm, new baby and what not) I’ve got rather unfit and put on about 2stone 😳

I need to try and loose this. Already cut out the crap from my diet. For Breakfast I have Cornflakes or Shreddies. Lunch is a salad with either chicken or Mackerel. No dressings. Then tea I’ll have something with a jacket potato always oven cooked never fried crap. I have noticed that healthy food costs a lot more than the processed unhealthy crap though. Which if the government want people to eat healthily is just plain stupid!

I’m starting back riding again but not going to far so as to not get stuck if I bonk. But moving the distance further each time. Up to about 15 miles now. I can’t run due to a nasty case of Achilies Tendonitis and very crap ankles in general.

What can I do to help move the extra weight. The iDave diet looks rather scary and gaseous so a bit dubious of that one.

redthunder
    Free Member

Just carry on what you are doing.

Eat less and exercise a bit more.

MrNutt
    Free Member

having continually suffered from extended and serious recurring bouts of what not through out my life I would recommend that you eat less, ride more and if you’re really serious about losing weight develop a nasty tooth infection.

woody2000

Healthy food does not cost more than processed crap – fact.

Everywhen
    Free Member

No Alcohol
    Yogurt for breakfast
    Apple for lunch
    Decent meal in the evening (without any processed stuff in it and lots of veg)
    Get down the gym four times a week for an hour or so and lift some heavy weights and Kettlebells.

You’ll drop 2 stone easily.

redthunder
    Free Member

I forgot about booze.

+1 for that. Fat falls off by the lorry load or even the shed full.

MrNutt
    Free Member

and take up smoking!

Bunnyhop

Large breakfast (yes that’s right large).

Meduim lunch,

Small evening meal

Nothing after 8.00 p.m.

Exercise inbetween. Walking counts.

tony24
    Free Member

i use this diet i have a fair size bowl of cereal for breakfast, then at 10 am i have a small roll, banana and cereal bar. Around 1 i have my a apple and another small roll. then i have a very small dinner around 6 o’clock.

I find this diet keeps me going all day by spacing out the meals also i drink plenty which stops me feeling hungry.

I also exercise atleast 5 times a week 4 nights which are around an hour and on saturday i do a average 25-30 mile ride.

So far i have lost 4 stone 3 pounds but i also do a very manual job. Bike riding has been the biggest factor in my weight loss though.

sc-xc

Everywhen – Member
    No Alcohol
    Yogurt for breakfast
    Apple for lunch
    Decent meal in the evening (without any processed stuff in it and lots of veg)
    Get down the gym four times a week for an hour or so and lift some heavy weights and Kettlebells.

You’ll drop dead easily.

I agree. Not enough food. We all know the rules. Any diet that suggests an apple for lunch is ludicrous.

martymac

i was 8 stone overweight, now 7 stone,
    done it by cutting down (drastically) on sweets/crisps/fizzy drinks,
    cuting down (10% or so) on portion sizes, (this applies to every meal)
    and riding the bike more.
    despite still weighing 22 stone, i can run up the 3 floors to my flat without collapsing, and i can outsprint my wife accross the road/to the fridge (and she is in her 20s, just)
    i also feel much better in myself.
    hope this helps m8.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m starting back riding again but not going to far so as to not get stuck if I bonk.

Take food with you when you ride..?

Get active. Ride lots, with other people. And not these weekend warriors who rock up half an hour late for the ride, faff for another 20 minutes adjusting shock pressures, and then spend more time taking pictures and talking about how gnarly the next/last/current trail is then actually riding. Go out with some proper XC type guys who know how to get your legs burning.

This is why road riding is so great for losing weight.

Actually plan activities as well. Don’t just do whatever pops up on facebook, but sign up and attend a few weekly sessions. Spinning classes at a gym for example. Its so easy to motivate yourself when its a routine. When you know you’re riding at 7pm from the start of the hill, you’re there at the start of the hill by 6:55. And you didn’t bother looking out the window to check the weather before getting the bike ready.

As for diet, its pretty simple. Eat when you’re hungry. No takeaways/mcdonalds/alcohol etc. etc. Lots of fruit and veg. Simple.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Excercise advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.