Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Show me your Trance
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hi,

Picked up a Trance off Stainypants off here and not sure what to do with it… So for inspiration, show me your Trance Builds.

Thanks

Andy

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

There's a thread for this already with a few piccies on it. I have had the X5 for a year now and have been slowly upgrading parts. It's a great all round bike but I've tailored mine more for downhill bits but it still climbs great. The Pikes made the biggest difference and I've just put a nice short stem on it too. Front end stays planted when in 95mm setting uphill then 140mm for downhill. It felt very under forked with the Recons it came with.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Off the shelf a Trance comes with a 100mm and a TranceX with a 120mm – air fork. I have 130mm coil u-turn and I'd really like a 140mm coil u-turn with bolt-thru i.e. a Pike.

The bike works perfectly well for XC/enduro with a short air fork, but it's virtually a lightweight Reign if you put a longer fork on it, esp. with a bash, 2.35 tyres, 70mm stem and 680+ bars.

Do listen carefully to the suspension bearings and the shock bushing for cracking noises and knocking/play. They generally need new bearings every couple of years and bushing every year. If the bearings make noises when riding then as a minimum change the big load bearing ones at the bottom. Aim for 25% sag when static seated and slowish rebound.

I totally love mine – it's a rocket speed sofa on XC trails, corners brilliantly, it irons the trail and even allows me to ride easier DH style trails.

This when it still had the Fox fork on it. All the finishing kit is Raceface.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Downhill mode:

Uphill mode:

bigjim

She's looking a bit old now. Just added a set of Revs, the widest bars I could find, a shorter stem, better tires, is nice! Its all about the grips matching the rear triangle…

portlyone

Go for yumeya…

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

2.35 tyres

Do they fit OK at the back end?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

portlyone – Member

Go for yumeya…

On a trance…?

StuE
    Free Member

If I could work out how to post images from Flicker after the changes they have made I would

cxi
    Free Member

StuE – click the "Share This" button when looking at the picture you want to post, choose "Grab the HTML/BBCode", select BBCode and the code you need is ready to copy and paste.

I've had my Trance 2 (the shock basket model) over 4 years now and it's still on it's original bearings 😳

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Mine looks like this only with less mud. Also now has a different saddle, tyres and pedals.

100mm Rebas up front with a mix of LX, SLX and XT running kit. Please also note the comedy 190mm head-tube.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A 2.35 HR fits in the back. Not a lot of room left so not ideal for muddy riding. Heck I have a hardtail for the mud. The headtubes are BIG and ring reinforced and the downtube weld also huge so overall very strong.

Andituk
    Free Member

My X2..

Definetly going toward the more AM side of XC. Needs a 140mm fork soon I think.

robhughes
    Free Member

buzz ygm.just need to ask you something about the bottom bush.cheers..

LittleTones
    Free Member

The latest pictures of my Trance X

It looks nothing like this now but,
    Trance X

Much has happened to the spec since then, but….

StuE
    Free Member

Thanks cxi
    Mine is a 2005 not light but I love it

Mars2003
    Free Member

Not long purchased this

Which replaces this

cbrsyd
    Free Member

There a thread on MTBR with loads of pics here

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=981764

LittleTones
    Free Member

Right, I'll try again as it didn't work, did it…..

New one – with 100 – 140 mm 2009 Marzocchi 44s – run at 125 mm

Old one – with 100 – 130 mm Revelations – ran at 115 mm – In garage, stripped down, needing refurbishment.

Mars2003
    Free Member

Pretty strong endorsement of the Trance platform, seeing as a few of us have been "upgrading" to another Trance!

I suppose the newer "x" one is longer travel and lighter.

Mars2003
    Free Member

Thanks for the link cbrsyd, the first pic on that thread was posted by me, a trip down memory lane!

atlaz
    Free Member

My 2007 (taken by previous owner). Still have the pikes on it and x9 shifting.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Pretty strong endorsement of the Trance platform, seeing as a few of us have been "upgrading" to another Trance!

Yeah good point. It's a bike that deserves good components too to get the most out of it. I was doing some seriously rough rocky downhill riding on friday and the bike handled it fine but not the tyres.

Can anyone recommend good tyres for the Trance X that are bigger than 2.1 and will fit 19mm rims? Got 2.1 Kendas at the moment but they're too skinny and worn out now. Cheers.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

2.35 Kenda Nevegals.

DickBarton

Mine (now sold) –

Resting…and waiting… by DickBarton, on Flickr

Martz
    Free Member

Here's my pretty standard Trance X5 '09 (replaced the saddle, seatpost & grips). My last full suspension bike was a GT LTS-3 so I have little to compare it with.

I like it 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Love mine to bits. Had it over two years. My DH riding has developed a heck of a lot due to this bike. Awesome all-rounder. Now looking to upgrade the forks to Revs or Pikes. These Recons are 130mm and I reckon even if I add another 10-20mm up-front, it'll still handle beautifully. Versatile is the word:

robhughes
    Free Member

nearly finished mine.just have a problem with the front mech.
    my deore one snags the linkage.what are you guys using.can,t wait to get up to scotland next week and see what it,s like.

Mike-E

Here's my Trance X3; frame bought off Gee Wavetree from this parish.

robhughes
    Free Member

mike is that an slx twin front mech mate.
    trying to sus out which ones don,t snag the linkage.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Trance’ is closed to new replies.