• This topic has 40 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Moses.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Ever thought you were in love but wasn't
  • milkyman
    Free Member

Not having the best of times at the min, simple question
    Have you ever thought you were in love be wasn’t

njee20
    Free Member

Weren’t*

No.

Sorry.

weeksy

Loads of times, but once I covered their face, I was happy enough either way.

nemesis
    Free Member

I once had a bike that I’d convinced myself I was completely in love with. When I finally got hold of it and rode it, I realised that I was wrong… C’est la vie.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve done that too actually Nemesis, so I’m going to revise my original post to “Yes”.

Still a grammar issue to deal with though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

A couple of times a day, normally.

spud-face

The Mmmbop frame that’s been sitting in the loft for years gets built up this weekend – I’m getting worried that after all the anticipation it may end up a bit “internet dating”

~edit~ nemesis +1

willard

Yup.

No solutions for you I’m afraid, just confirming that you’re not going mad.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep. When it stopped I didn’t care, so I can’t’ve been.

milkyman
    Free Member

I did just wonder if I was going mad, totally messed up head at the moment and has been for a while, have the prettiest girl in the world but seem to have bugger all in common these days and I am question in my head why we are together, I’m sure she is doing the same
    We have been together 5 years but just of late don’t talk to much, etc
    Head is well messed up

weeksy

milkyman – Member

I did just wonder if I was going mad, totally messed up head at the moment and has been for a while, have the prettiest girl in the world but seem to have bugger all in common these days and I am question in my head why we are together, I’m sure she is doing the same
    We have been together 5 years but just of late don’t talk to much, etc
    Head is well messed up

Want to swap ? I’ve got an ugly wife who’ll talk to you 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I’m really sorry and that, but can we have some perspective – you’ve got 1 minute to fix that heinous crime in the thread title.

Edit: no you’ve not, too late. This is aw-ful.

ads678

Was like that with my Five after a while!! Don’t miss her now she’s gone.

Seriously though, the seven year itch doesn’t have to take 7 years. I had the same sort of felling with my missus after about 12 years, luckily we worked through it and now, 9 years on have, 2 kids (6&4) and couldn’t be happier.

Speak to your missus, openly, if you want to be with her tell you want to work through it. If she’s feeling the same she’ll want to do the same.

Maybe try doing somethings together first, go out for a meal, get lashed and see how the night goes. weekend away maybe. If those things don’t work. Talk.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Take her HERE
    WIne her…
    Dine her..
    Talk and play…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Talk

To

Her

Start

Now.

yunki
    Free Member

yeah.. that happened to me recently I guess..

We spent an awful year plugging away at it for the kids sake, but couldn’t find enough common ground to make it work and then jacked it all in at christmas time last year..

It was a bit difficult for a couple of months but we couldn’t be happier now 😀

Having to let go of the family ties was very hard but if there’s no kids involved you’re laughing, you’ve the rest of your life ahead of you to fill with good stuff

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

its a chemical reaction, never forget that.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

yeah.. that happened to me recently I guess..

We spent an awful year plugging away at it but couldn’t find enough common ground to make it work, and then jacked it all in at Christmas time last year.

It was a bit difficult for a few months but we couldn’t be happier now.

Having to let go of the family ties was bloody easy actually :lol:, but if there’s no kids involved you’re laughing, you’ve the rest of your life ahead of you to fill with good stuff

Small edit to make it make it applicable to me, but very similar to Yunki

However

Talk

To

Her

Start

Now.

This, this and a million more time this. I will always be left with the feeling that maybe, just maybe if we could have sat down and really, really talked through stuff much, much earlier, we may have been able to solve our problems. Bit late now, so I guess I’ll never know. I have mixed feelings about that.

ninfan
    Free Member

No,

But I have fallen in love with someone I shouldn’t have fallen in love with…

What are expecting? 24/7 Fireworks? or are you expecting that favourite pair of slippers feel?

I will always be left with the feeling that maybe, just maybe if we could have sat down and really, really talked

This!

milkyman
    Free Member

We do wine and dine, more done coz she doesn’t like drinking, I find it so hard to talk to her these days, I’d love to got out on the lash with her but I just never feels comfortable or natural, if you have ever sat in some ones company and found it really hard to talk that’s how it is for me, and our sex life is just not good, lady time we got it on was 3 weeks ago and it’s is like that all the time, and that really gets to me

milkyman
    Free Member

So sorry about my spelling not easy of a phone

jamj1974

Yes.

Once when actually the (Very nice and decent) girl in question was less someone I was actually in love with than a person who was there for me in a difficult time. I did think I was for a while though…

Another time when what I was in love with wasn’t the girl but more the way I then could feel more positive about myself.

I’m not proud of either time…

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s dead, move on.

MrNice
    Free Member

is this about your sister?

maxtorque

I only ever fall in love with people who don’t love me.

It’s a annoying character trait of mine……… ;-(

milkyman
    Free Member

Lol no nothing to do with my sister

bearnecessities

Oh Christ, you actually have a sister?! 😉

milkyman
    Free Member

No I do not have a sister

enfht
    Free Member

prettiest girl in the world

Pics or it didn’t happen.

chip
    Free Member

No , but I have forgotten How much I was in love with some one. It was only after I gave her the Spanish archer that I realised how much I did.
    But by then it was too late as she had met someone else.

Speak to her and see how she feels, maybe you have got stuck in a rut and take each other for granted rather than realise how lucky you are.

DickBarton

Yes…and after 17 years I moved on…

milkyman
    Free Member

I have no idea how to post pics on here, you will just have to belive me

pb2

Nearly every time, its a curse for all concerned 😥

oldnpastit

Not having the best of times at the min

More sex is probably the answer.

badnewz
    Free Member

I’ve never really experienced the emotion, but I’d say it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all!

sofatester
    Free Member

Love is just a hormonal imbalance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Easy test is this:

Do you still find her the “prettiest girl in the world” and want to hug her all night after you’ve had your wicked way with her?

No? Walk away

Yes? Marry her

Now stop thinking so much old boy and get a few pictures posted so we can all make our (your) mind up.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes, every time and all the time…

variety is the spice of life, that’s where I am right now…

dooge
    Free Member

I put up a similar thread awhile back. It gets hard when there is nothing distinctly ‘wrong’ with the relationship (you get on, sex still happens, things get planned, you dont argue that often) but complacency is almost worse. It shows theres no spirit or passion. Mine, after really thinking it through, was down to her illness that would mean we would never really live a life I wanted. Selfish yes, but just over a month on and I wouldnt go back. It was not something I could change and not something I could change my feelings on so I had to say enough is enough. She will meet someone who loves her for who she is, not who I wanted her to be.

However, its important to talk to each other. There are a variety of reasons you can be feeling this and the human mind has a way of making everything fit to what you believe it should be. The more downbeat you think and persuade yourself its dead in the water, the more you will want it to end. Surprise her, wine and dine her somewhere different, quiet, set aside a whole evening and turn off your phones. Go back to basics, not sex, just talking and sharing ideas.

Expectation vs reality too, what do you expect of the relationship now? What is realistically going to happen next? Happiness is that place between expectation vs reality. Its not about how many good points they have, its about how many negatives you learn to accept.

It is just a combo of hormones, dosent have to end here though.

Del

last time you got it on was 3 weeks ago?
    things really aren’t that bad yet….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Relationships can start to feel like a habit or indeed a convenience. In my view that’s not enough. So you have two choices, work on it to restore some of the magic or move on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Ever thought you were in love but wasn't’ is closed to new replies.