Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Schmock of a brother in law, russian wife, divorce
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

To cut a long story short my brother in law met a russian lady on the internet 7 years ago she came over they married within 6 months, after 1.5 years her mother died so she went back to russia where she has stayed ! been 3 years since she has been in the UK, they hardly speak and only communicate via email a few times a week.

To be fair he’s a plonka we hardly have anything to do with him he has no time for his sister(my wife) or our children.

If they got a divorce is she entitled to anything ? he owns his house she contributed zero £££ to it as she never worked here, they dont have children.

He also doesnt have a will…

How do I know all this… I spent the afternoon with him and his mother (my MIL is worried sick about him) so I asked questions.

Many thanks in advance…

allthepies
    Free Member

😯

matt_outandabout

😯 😯

iolo
    Free Member

Together 2 years and divorce happening? Did she sign a pre nuptual? Did they marry in the uk?
    I’m quite sure she’ll get a lot.
    I am not a lawyer.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

married in the UK

takisawa2

Needs a photo for full analysis really.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

married in the UK

Is that a song by the Ex Pistols, Celibacy in the UK?

d45yth
    Free Member

Does he send her money? I bet she’s shacked up with some Russian fella…if that could be proved, maybe she’d be entitled to nothing?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

no idea about sending money Id hope not

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Being shacked up with someone else doesn’t make a difference. Currently there is a process of mediation to decide how much she would accept – rather than the judge deciding form on-high.

He should probably speak to a solicitor.

crankboy
    Free Member

If the house and other assets are in his name he is laughing . No legal aid for her so divorce and bye bye.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

If the house and other assets are in his name he is laughing . No legal aid for her so divorce and bye bye.

how do you know this to be true ?

if so then great

chewkw
    Free Member

I don’t think she will be able to come back without a visa as her status as spouse needs to go beyond, I think, more than two years until she get permanent residency.

If he gets a divorce she definitely has no way to settle here or to claim anything over here.

But check with immigration lawyer … 😮

iolo
    Free Member

Brother in Law? So you have a Russian sister?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Brother in Law? So you have a Russian sister?

No…I cant stand the lady !

CountZero

I think the word you’re looking for to describe him is schmok. Also putz, schmoo, schvants, kucker and moyshe pupik
    😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do any of the dates coincide with building work or new patios?

ninfan
    Free Member

Are you sure they are still in touch, are you sure she didn’t pi** off back to Russia three years ago, and he’s heard nothing from her since?

https://www.gov.uk/divorce-missing-husband-wife

crankboy
    Free Member

Re no legal aid .I know this to be true as legal aid was removed for all divorce cases other than forced marriage and domestic violence about three years ago .

Frankenstein
    Free Member

She’s really buried in the back garden…

And he’s using you as an alibi…

Is your surname West by any chance?

geoffj

Does he need to divorce her?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Is she fit?

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry to hear this, but as I understand she is a regular spouse and gets tbe same deal as a British born spouse.

Mate had a Russian wife. The day she qualified for British citizenship he came home from work to a house that was completely empty save for two coppers wanting to talk to him about domestic abuse allegations.

We weren’t surprised, sadly, he was.

poah
    Free Member

he should get a will done as without one it all goes to his wife

re house – if he had it before and she has not contributed I’m pretty sure there is precident for that she would only be entitled to what she had put in since they got married. so if she put in 30% of the mortgage then she would be entitled to 30% of the profit from the day she started to pay. I could be wrong though lol

totalshell

what house, what pension..

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

The day she qualified for British citizenship

The icing on the cake is she doesn’t have British Citizenship she went back to Russia ! does this change anything ?

30% into the mortgage…she didn’t add a penny to it !

I’d wager that mother Molotov is alive and kicking

poah
    Free Member

30% into the mortgage…she didn’t add a penny to it !

I was just using that as an example.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    I’d wager that mother Molotov is alive and kicking

she really is not alive anymore..

I was just using that as an example.

I know 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Schmock of a brother in law, russian wife, divorce’ is closed to new replies.