Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • ever made anything out of pallets?
  • alpin
    Free Member

the GF’s company have asked me if i can decorate their trade fair stand using Europallets to knock up display/shelving units.

the stand is approx. 100m2

it needs to be easily built. should require little cutting and should be able to be taken apart, stored and re-used.

i’ve had a bit of a google,but what with STW often throwing up useful tit-bits i thought i’d ask here, too….

this is the sort of thing that i’m talking about:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s the company’s activity?

racefaceec90

taylor guitars made a guitar (who’d a thought it 😉 out of a pallet 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

it a design studio/distributor for design studios from all around europe.

allthepies
    Free Member

Unless you’re very, very good then I’d imagine whatever you do will look like a load of pallets.

HTH.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Someone on here made a half pipe out of pallets in their yard.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

alpin’s a top chippie…can you be more specific alpin?

sugdenr
    Free Member

I have made compost heap ‘bins’. Bloke I knew armed with a thicknesser made his own kitchen unit completely of them

cr500dom
    Free Member

I just made a nice 6x2m Mezzanine floor in my workshop out of 3x2m close boarded pallets ;o)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mwahahaha 😈

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

ever made anything out of pallets?

A fire.

Edit, beaten to it.

alpin
    Free Member

most of the products are gimmicky, fun, not really world changing items. more stocking filler size stuff as opposed to having to have the car boot open on the way home.

i only found out yesterday that the GF told them i would do it (i didn’t, but work is work, hey).

they’ve got several trade fairs planned for the beginning of next year so it’s a fair amount of work, which is nice.

Edit: i think there are 300+ products in total… whether or not all of them will be displayed, i don’t know…
    still flicking through google images. lots of things there, but nothing concrete as yet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I once made a pallet out of some pallets.

Duane…
    Free Member

We made all these (partly) out of pallets;

🙂

(Pics by Laurence CE)

Northwind

I made a pile of wood out of some pallets.

crikey
    Free Member

Make a dragon.

Bish bosh, job done…..

alpin
    Free Member

do not google “pallet t” when the missus is around…. 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Ahh, you mean don’t google pallet t then look at the images!

I see now, as does Mme Crikey 😳

Sam

As per BigYinn, bonfires…. In fact I need to track down a few for NYE…

CountZero

I needed a couple of work surfaces next to my folding machine, which had to fit a smallish space, and be high enough for me to comfortably stand at and knock up the folded bundles and put into boxes. We have lots of printers pallets, which are around 600×960, and are generally quite well finished.
    I found that seven of them stacked to exactly the right hight, and a sheet of particle board that came strapped to the top of the paper stack hot glued to the top made a perfect table, with lots of little shelves to stash stuff. Would work well in a shed.

Rorschach
    Free Member

ski
    Free Member

You will need a motorbike mind 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjhjaN5zKI[/video]

alpin
    Free Member

ok, had aword with the marketing guy….

he wants tables, chairs/benches and shelving. other pallets will be stacked up to form larger display areas.

the stand will be made up of individual units representing each of the studios they represent.

_tom_
    Free Member

ghetto quarterpipe, vert wall and jump box in an abandoned warehouse 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Tell him its a dragon or the deal is off..

alpin
    Free Member

@ rorschach….

i was kinda hoping that that was the sort of thing they were after, but for now he’s a little less “out there”.

a simple trade fair stand using pallets instead of your typical trade fair furniture/display stuff.

@ crikey…

i’d like to, but i fear he may have no idea of what i was on about…. that is pretty much the feeling i have about you at the momnet…. 😕

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Sod the rest of the thread pallet t is a work of genius.

yossarian
    Free Member

Used to regularly nick em and make all manner of things. Great for making window boxes, nesting boxes, insect houses, compost bins, greenhouse shelves etc

project
    Free Member

Dont use the nice blue painted ones, GKN Chep are quite keen on thenm not being used for anything else and will take action against offenders.

alpin
    Free Member

nah… they’re going to be painted white with a few being painted red and biege (what ever that is).

crikey
    Free Member

I’m suggesting making a wooden dragon out of pallets, about human size. Tricky, but cool as…

iDave
    Free Member

have a look on http://www.thecoolhunter.net there may be something there in the design section.

i’ve made stuff from pallets before the tricky thing is if you have to dismantle them, they’re well nailed together!

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve made stuff from pallets before the tricky thing is if you have to dismantle them, they’re well nailed together!

use screws?

what have you made?

i’ve made a bench and a compost holding thingy for my mum’s allotment.

any ideas welcome, including dragons.

brakes
    Free Member

PSA: don’t look up videos of pallet making
    they’re monumentally dull

TooTall
    Free Member

Make sure you use the heat treated pallets. The chemical treated ones might not be so good for close proximity in trade fairs after a while.

molgrips
    Free Member

I made a lot of firewood out of pallets before – for domestic use.

TiRed

Shed shelving. Pallets are ideal. Slice lengthways, use bottom spreaders for uprights. Nail together. Side on, they look like this : T

takisawa2

I built a 8′ x 6′ shed once. Was collecting pallets for nearly a year first. Trick was not to try levering the wood apart because it just splits. Simply slam them down on each corner to loosen them, then cut down the joins to cut through the nails.

user-removed
    Free Member

I saw a great photographer’s wedding fair display made out of pallets. The guy had made lots of wee shelves and boxes (also from pallets) and filled them with big, rusty old keys, fabric hearts and so on.

All this was interspersed with hay bales, random bolts of gingham cloth and most importantly, the images he was selling to potential clients.

A good mix of textures was the winning factor – the products themselves were almost incidental but also very uniform, so they stood out.

alpin
    Free Member

^^ is what they are after….

suppose you don’t have any pics…. 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘ever made anything out of pallets?’ is closed to new replies.