• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by jeffl.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Evans.
  • dvnjhn

I placed an order last Thursday.  I had an email saying it would be delivered at the latest 27th with Evri (they are terrible around here).  When it was not delivered today, I went to check shipping and its not processed.  I went to contact Evans, and noticed they disolved earlier this month.  Has anyone ordered anything and had any problems?

nickjb
    Free Member

Ordered some shoes about two weeks ago. Delivery was slow but they turned up.

BoardinBob
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

they are a mike Ashley sports direct company, check the stock page, if they are preorder, ask for a cancellation, as they’ll unlikely replace stock, I’ve just noticed all the five ten sleuth dlx are showing as £33

but on preorder..

cookeaa

Dissolved? You sure? Nothing turned up in a quick Google news search and their website is still up.

cookeaa

I wonder if my nefarious imagined scenario where Ashley retools Chiggle’s website onto Evans back end and logistics is coming to pass, but he also just winds up the Evans name in the process?

Aidy
    Free Member

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02784079

I guess the holding company that was Evans, prior to whatever vehicle it was purchased under by sportsdirect.

dvnjhn

Well at least some of you have recieved your items. I suppose I need to just be patient and hope it arrives soon.

what is it with all these big cycling companies financially struggling. I thought cycling was booming.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

rickmeister

Evri…mu mum has just been hooked into a scam where they are asking for credit card info to re-deliver an item. Fortunately, she didn’t fall for it and HSBC fraud team are working it all out.

Credit card details attempted to be used in Australia, Dubai, Canada…. 2FA saved the day here.

rOcKeTdOg

what is it with all these big cycling companies financially struggling. I thought cycling was booming.

What rock have you been hiding under for the last 18 months?

dvnjhn

In a bubble apparently.  However, I never seen it in the East Lothian courier.  If it ain’t in there it’s fake news.

funkrodent

Blimey. Where to begin??

In brief, Covid = big uptick in demand, combined with messed up supply chains. Prices ⬆️ on everything combined with massive over ordering as most assume the boom was here to stay.

Then demand collapses as buyers are sated and increasingly skint and loads of companies, retailers etc are landed with stock they can’t shift that they ordered a year ago..

In the case of Wiggle you’ve got a parent company that borrowed huge amounts of money at very low rates, who are now effectively busy because the loans have come up for renewal and they can’t afford the higher interest rates.

Lots more of this to come unfortunately

desperatebicycle

Evans working ok for me. 5-10s ordered Saturday, picked up from Evri shop this morning. (Same with House Of Fraser order, them and Sportsdirect and soon CRC/Wiggle all have the same stock)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t think Evans in particular are struggling , Sports Direct mail order has always been a bit useless for things just getting lost in the system when the computer says “in stock” but there’s nothing on the shelf.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member
    dvnjhn

In a bubble apparently.  However, I never seen it in the East Lothian courier.  If it ain’t in there it’s fake news.

Last time I read the Courier it was about 5 double pages, possibly more but it was about a year ago so possibly improved.

A dribble of content from each town that is part of EL.This would explain the bubble vision. 🙂

kimbers

I have been given a £150 evans voucher, great! ……. trundles off to the website

aaarrgghh how have they made a bike shop full of stuff I dont want

(Im already stocked up on 510s (and so are my wife & kids!)

even basic stuff like drivetrain, brakes theres nothing

doesnt bode well for chiggle

jeffl

You could always sell the voucher. Someone on here may offer you some £££ for it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.