Viewing 40 posts - 20,641 through 20,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • binners
    jambalaya
    Free Member

TMH I’ll keep replying as long as others keep posting. List of Remain campaign messages …

“It’s OK it’s only £190m a week”
    “We want to stay in the EU and reform it (translation = the EU is broken amd needs fixing)”
    “Anyone worried about the pressure on public services and housing as a result of immigration is a racist and we know they are bad people”

Edukator, don’t agree about the eurosceptism, see requirement for Referendum on any treaty change. Quite rightly there is zero trust and no desire for further movements towards a super-state. Younare right about the system of government, at present the other parties say they will not form a coalition but the reality may look quite different.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s OK it’s only £190m a week”
    “We want to stay in the EU and reform it (translation = the EU is broken amd needs fixing)”
    “Anyone worried about the pressure on public services and housing as a result of immigration is a racist and we know they are bad people”

What does the 190m do for the UK? How much will leaving cost?
    What does leaving fix? Do we break more by leaving than we can by staying?
    Anyone quoting lies about immigration and playing it hard, making stuff up and exaggerating things is probably a racist and ends calling one.

kerley
    Free Member

Is this what our democracy has come to – tricking people into voting a certain way by avoiding substantive debate?

Exactly what it has come to.

The same people voting so can’t blame intelligence/education/gullibility on being tricked. All that has changed is the level of populism taking advantage of those who are unable to work things out for themselves.

We either have to stop populism/control the twisted BS or only let people vote when they have evidenced that they have a basic understanding of things they are voting on (not exactly democratic)

cchris2lou

There’s racism in every country.
    In 20 years in the UK, I haven’t seen more or less .

But the UK Is not United any more. The Politicians have really fcked up this time.

GrahamS

only let people vote when they have evidenced that they have a basic understanding of things they are voting on

I’ve often thought that general elections would have very different results if after you made your vote you had to validate it by correctly selecting five manifesto promises from an anonymous set all promises made by all parties.

Or perhaps, start with that anonymous set, pick the manifesto promises you agree with and your vote is cast on that basis.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure if someone has done this in the UK or not
    https://votecompass.abc.net.au
    Results are often interesting (liberal means right wing here)

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But the UK Is not United any more.

It never was.

Edukator
    Free Member

BoardinBob

What does the 190m do for the UK? How much will leaving cost?

^this

Even at the original £350 million, it’s £5.50 per week per person in the UK. A truly earth shattering amount. And of course it’s money for nothing as we get absolutely nothing back in return. Zero.

History will look back on this as one of the greatest cons of all time

zokes
    Free Member

TMH I’ll keep replying as long as others keep posting

You could try replying with some truthful and constructive answers. That might be an idea.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Even at the original £350 million, it’s £5.50 per week per person in the UK. A truly earth shattering amount. And of course it’s money for nothing as we get absolutely nothing back in return. Zero

The smiley/irony emoji is on the upper right hand side of the posting box. Avoids anyone taking this seriously by mistake. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I pay for club memberships all the time. I pay them money. But I get stuff in return.

phiiiiil

(translation = the EU is broken amd needs fixing)

This morning I discovered the door in our hall has loose hinge screws so it doesn’t close and needs fixing pretty urgently.

I hope that I don’t get home later to discover my wife has moved all our stuff into a tent in the road and thrown away our house keys… 🙁

wwaswas

Johnson’s lost the plot…

GrahamS

When Prince Philip finally shrugs off his mortal coil can we make Johnson the new Duke of Edinburgh? He seems like a natural successor 😀

Del

“It’s OK it’s only £190m a week”

drop in the ocean. the nhs costs 2bn/week to run.

two side of the same coin, certainly there are things to fix. i don’t think anyone will argue with that. you can’t do it standing outside of it throwing stones though.

“Anyone worried about the pressure on public services and housing as a result of immigration is a racist and we know they are bad people has been lied to over and over again by the likes of murdoch, farage et. al.”

FIFY
    there is pressure on public services as a result of a squeeze on finances from ( our ) government, and social housing has been chronically under-invested in since thatcher decided everyone could buy their council house.
    apart from that you’re bang on. it’s all the EU’s fault. blame the foreigner. 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

In the meantime in the BBC news today UK unemployment falls to 1.6 million

I bet this must be the confidence attributed to the direction of Brexit together with the confidence in the UK industry/market etc … 😛

Ya, apparently GBP £ has bounced back again … hhmmm … the prediction of waste paper £ currency seem to disappoint some. 😆

cchris2lou

And Davis Davis reminding us that after winning WW2, Brexit will be ok.

😆

Del

ahh. the voice of reason is in i see.
    anyway. shurley shome mishtake? unemployment that low with all those immigrants taking ‘our’ jobs?

chewkw
    Free Member

cchris2lou – Member
    And Davis Davis reminding us that after winning WW2, Brexit will be ok.

He is right unless you foresee WW3. 😆

Del – Member

ahh. the voice of reason is in i see.
    anyway. shurley shome mishtake? unemployment that low with all those immigrants taking ‘our’ jobs? [/quote]
    That is fact is it not?
    Are you suggesting that BBC is biased and wrong? 😛

dudeofdoom

Is this what our democracy has come to – tricking people into voting a certain way by avoiding substantive debate? Sad.

Nah its worser…

They wouldn’t normally own up to the fact…. now they brazenly do 🙁

All hell should have broken loose after the lies were exposed on both sides.

(Anyway full steam ahead for the London tax haven. We’ve got your your vote so fK orf Peasents and let me get to the cream.)

cchris2lou

When you post a link, you should read it.
    People in work is declining for second month in a row .
    As with inflation, economic situation is slowly but surely worsening.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I bet this must be the confidence attributed to the direction of Brexit together with the confidence in the UK industry/market etc …
    Or DWP kicking people off the dole.

igm

And the bounce back on the pound was it heading down again after yesterday.

It may of course rise again.

Foolish chewkw

geetee1972
    Free Member

When May said yesterday that no deal is better than a bad deal, what does that mean in terms of an outcome; does it mean we won’t leave after all or does it mean that we will still leave but won’t have any kind of trade agreement with the EU?

br
    Free Member

The second I’m guessing.

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    And the bounce back on the pound was it heading down again after yesterday.

It may of course rise again.

Foolish chewkw

Are you sure that £££ will not remain constant?

Let me get this right prior to PM May speech £££ took a dive then after PM May speech £££ goes up …

Put two together the market must be liking PM May speech as well as supporting Brexit.

I recall in the earlier threads before PM May’s speech someone associated £££ dive with PM May … ya, now after PM May’s speech £££ goes up. Yippeee …

igm

GeeTee, br – That might depend on the Irish A50 case. But I haven’t heard much on that recently – did it get thrown out?

Chewkw – an hour ago it was heading down again. Haven’t checked for an hour though. Good to have you back for comic relief though.

kelvin

Are you sure that £££ will not remain constant?

I don’t think that is what you mean.

Let me get this right prior to PM May speech £££ took a dive then after PM May speech £££ goes up …

Yep, she wisely trailed all the bad news bit by bit before the speech. Page back and you’ll read my praise about her judgment there.

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    That might depend on the Irish A50 case. But I haven’t heard much on that recently – did it get thrown out?

I think they will be treated favorably by UK coz the relationship is unique.

Chewkw – an hour ago it was heading down again. Haven’t checked for an hour though. Good to have you back for comic relief though.

But I thought the reminders were arguing prior to PM May’s speech that the £££ dive was the result of PM May and Brexit …

So what attributed to what?

Someone on the reminders side could you make up your mind please coz I need to spin the currency roulette again …

igm

Yep – today it’s down against every currency the BBC list. Though probably higher than yesterday morning.

Markets may be putting some store in May’s promise of a parliamentary vote on the final deal. Yet to see what that means though. Or they may just be moving around for the hell if it. Wait and see.

kelvin

The Irish case is ongoing.

If on Twitter, follow ?@JolyonMaugham?

igm

Chewkw – just to help you, the Irish A50 case was designed to test whether A50 once initiated could be revoked. Not sure what you thought I was referring to.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

It seems we are reliant on “favours” “friendship”etc for our future well being – shame we just kicked our collective friends in the nuts and the fact that Theresa says Donald has put us at the front of the queue for a trade deal? When he actually said “your doing great” smacks of serious interpretation desperation.

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Chewkw – just to help you, the Irish A50 case was designed to test whether A50 once initiated could be revoked. Not sure what you thought I was referring to.

Ya, like Scotland wanting to join EU to test Spain innit. 😆

Nahh … no chance in hell A50 can be halted.

Irish will be treated favorably so they can come and go as they are now but perhaps the Irish will become much more prosperous because the entire EU trade will to sneak in via that door. 😆

igm

That’s a decision for the EU not us.

Do we want to halt it is a decision for us. Perhaps after parliament see the deal our crack negotiators have got for us.

I don’t know chewkw, we do our best to educate you, but either deliberately or because you don’t have the capacity (I suspect the former) you continue to act foolishly. However I shall continue with my attempts even if you really are a lost cause.

Have fun

cchris2lou

Trump said his scotish golf resort was doing great.
    I thought it was loosing millions, or is it an accountancy loss to avoid paying taxes?

kelvin

Nahh … no chance in hell A50 can be halted.

Halted by the UK unilaterally? I suspect not.

Irish will be treated favorably so they can come and go as they are now but perhaps the Irish will become much more prosperous because the entire EU trade will to sneak in via that door.

This perfectly sums up the Irish border conundrum. Bonkers.

Viewing 40 posts - 20,641 through 20,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.