Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ergon Grips with Carbon Bars – anyone, problems, experience??
  • dickie
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting some Ergon grips, probably GX2 with the mini bar end.
    Anyone have any experience with regard to use with carbon bars, I would be fitting to Easton Monkeylite CNT low rise bars.

antigee

got some on bont' xlite – following suggestion on here i stuck some ali' specialized plugs in the bar ends

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/13412/Specialized-CNC-Alloy-Bar-End-Plugs.html?referrer=froogle1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid13412

which weight wise may defeat the object

AndyRT
    Free Member

none, just don't crunch the one allen key to hard. Pinch it, and see if it moves. Bigest issue is geting the buggers on!

mttm
    Free Member

I've been running Ergon grips on first FSA carbon bars, and laterly Easton Monkeylite CNT lowrise (2 pairs). Absolutely no problems with either. I do use a torque wrench, though.

HTH

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Got them on three sets of carbon bars – Easton CNT and 2x Race Face Next.

Just go easy and tighten them just enough. The occasional inspection is a good idea too.

No problems so far after 3 years.

dickie
    Free Member

mttm – I have a high quality torque wrench – what do you torgue them upto??

Which Ergon model you chaps using?

Wookster

running two pairs the fr and bar end ones. I am using the plug you get from eragon in both bars though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ergon Grips with Carbon Bars – anyone, problems, experience??’ is closed to new replies.