Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New years resolutions – Doing something 'important'. Ideas?
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

I feel like doing something worthwhile this year. Like helping kids in Africa or something like that. Something to do with conservation maybe. Something abroad.

Anybody got any suggestions, or something they'd like to do themselves?

dropoff

Volunteer for your local rspb or conservation branch, good constructive fun

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No

Go vegan.

bruneep

Go carnivore

iDave
    Free Member

you seem to be the kind of decisive, focused and self motivated person overseas agencies are crying out for….. 😉

cinnamon_girl

There was recently a thread about dementia and care homes. A few of us on here have parents who are affected by this cruel illness.

I made a suggestion that everyone could spend an hour just once a year helping out in a care home, ie playing an instrument, singing, drawing/painting, gardening/planting seeds, track stands on the patio etc etc. This could bring some relief to the tedium of their lives.

I take my hat off to the wife of a forum member who, on a regular basis, is involved with providing afternoon teas for the elderley. She does a sterling job and has my respect.

May I also point out this article in Thursday's Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/mental_health/article6972032.ece

Apologies if this is not what you want to hear, it's an emotive time for many of us on here.

MrNutt
    Free Member

step away from the sauce!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New years resolutions – Doing something 'important'. Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.