Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Epic Wiggle Warranty Return Customer Service Nightmare
  • cyclinggardener
    Free Member

So…I emailed Wiggle on 25th September telling them that my frame creaked. If you pushed the top tube and down tube together in your hands it creaked. Bummer.

They said I could return the frame. I boxed and returned it and waited. Gently annoyed not to have received confirmation that they’d received the frame (as promised) I emailed them. They had it (7th October) and it was in a queue for assessment. They’d let me know asap.

11th Oct I email for update. They say “they returned your frame to our supplier we’re just awaiting for their assessment”. Brilliant. Thanks for letting me know, I think. They’ll obviously let me know asap what they say…

18th Oct again I mail for update. 19th Oct email from them saying “before they proceed with a warranty claim they’re insisting on return of the complete bike”. Grrr. So I package all the bits and send them back. I’ve now spent ~ £60 on shipping.

For 2 months (nearly 3 months since original contact) I chase them and every time I contact them they say they are waiting for news from the supplier. In the week before Xmas finally, they say, OK, pick a bike of same value and we’ll send it out, should be with you before Xmas. Amazing.

This is where it gets interesting…

Later that day, they email me saying – it turns out that you are not the original owner and so the warranty is void and your bike will be returned to you. Brilliant. They have contacted the account holder to ask if he is the owner.

So, original owner? I bought the bike second hand (it was a year old), the original owner claimed not to know about the creak and said I could return it to Wiggle on his behalf as I had all the paper work. That’s what I’d done.

So after Xmas I email Wiggle asking what’s happening. Finally a manager gets involved and says that I should contact their supplier (Raleigh) directly and gives me their details. I speak to a very helpful man there who is surprised to hear from me (Wiggle apparently shouldn’t have given me his details) and apologetic that I had had this wait. He then tells me that they only received the bike from Wiggle on 7th December, 2 months after I sent it to Wiggle! He says the bike is now in Germany with the manufacturer (Corratec) who are assessing it…

12th Jan I email Wiggle to let them know the useful information I’d got from Raleigh and ask why they’d told me for nearly 2 months that their supplier was assessing it when they still had it in their workshop. Also why had they waited 3 months before emailing the account holder.

13th Jan Wiggle email the original owner saying that the bike I chose before Xmas is packed and ready for dispatch. Amazing I think, bit miffed they’d not told me directly though.

18th Jan Wiggle email me saying that the delay had been because they were waiting for a return number from Raleigh, nothing about having misinformed me about it having been returned months previously. They said that the original owner had informed them that they were no longer the owner. Note: there was no mention of the bike that they had informed the original owner was being dispatched.

So…God I’m bored of this, thanks for sticking with me if you’re still reading. I email them asking what’s with the bike dispatch emails etc. They claim they have never had warranty return from someone who is not the original owner before (Really?). They do not tell me why they didn’t email the original account holder at the start of the process rather than waiting 3 months. They tell me that the emails on 13th Jan about the bike being ready for dispatch were from the order made on 19th Dec and had been processed by mistake. Amazing. Does it normally take them a month to get a bike built and ready for dispatch?

So, despite 4 months of messing me around, lying about where the bike is, never once emailing me with any information unless I email them first, mistakenly emailing the owner saying that a replacement is ready they still won’t take any responsibility for the situation. And I’m still without a bike.

Can anyone beat this epic (and ongoing…) tale of woe?

druidh
    Free Member

TBH, I didn’t think that the retailer had any responsibility to you as you weren’t the original owner. If you’re getting anything at all out of this, I think you should consider yourself very lucky.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Im confused what you expected???? There are only a few companies who offer transferable warranties.

br
    Free Member

tbh I’d have phoned them

project
    Free Member

Wiggle dont sell many raleigh bikes , theres only a few listed.

legend
    Free Member

TBH, I didn’t think that the retailer had any responsibility to you as you weren’t the original owner. If you’re getting anything at all out of this, I think you should consider yourself very lucky.

This. You’re lucky they didn’t just send your stuff back to you and tell you to **** off

said I could return it to Wiggle on his behalf as I had all the paper work. That’s what I’d done.

erm…….

Junkyard
    Free Member

think you are correct druidh but this is more about the lack of comms surely and delay…should have reasonably been dealt within a month and ideally sooner and with comms

Big bike companies dont have to care too much about their rep/customer services as people go there for price

Speshpaul

are you joining every mtb/cycling web site to have a moan?

its a 2nd hand frame, you don’t have a contract with wiggle, and as much as i have slated wiggle in the past i don’t think they owe you anything.
    as above if they offer you a deal i’d grab it. otherwise its a onone for you:-)

Dark-Side

I’m sure making your experience public knowledge when legally and morally they don’t have to lift a finger, will speed things along nicely.

andyl
    Free Member

not the original owner. I’d have told you to take a hike.

dhrider
    Free Member

Not great response times from them….. But your warranties void do they do not owe you anything!!

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

They haven’t made me an offer, they’ve had my bike for 4 months and they’ve offered me nothing but “we’re waiting for out supplier”.

How long would you wait before making it public knowledge Dark Side?

I’ve got nothing to lose, if they return it, I return it to original owner, he returns it to them. What’s the difference?

SimonR

I’ve had nothing but good experience from Wiggle’s customer service department – had to return a few items in the past under warranty which were dealt with quickly and all items exchanged without any issues at all. I guess being the original purchaser meant I had a genuine claim ……..

Speshpaul

“I’ve got nothing to lose, if they return it, I return it to original owner, he returns it to them. What’s the difference”

nothing to loose – yes you have, that would be any chance of any good will.

Return it – i think you will get it back when they read this.

Whats the difference ? – you don’t have a contract with wiggle but by claiming on the warrenty you are implying you have…. now thats getting a little “grey” shall we say.

scaredypants

If they’d been more efficient they’d have told you (quickly) to shove it IMO

legend
    Free Member

How long would you wait before making it public knowledge Dark Side?

Considering you have no warranty with them whatsoever, I’d wait until I actually hand the kit in my hands!

I’ve got nothing to lose, if they return it, I return it to original owner, he returns it to them. What’s the difference?

given that they know he’s sold on the bike, that aint gonna work either

mr_mills
    Free Member

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

given that they know he’s sold on the bike, that aint gonna work either

Why not? He’s still the original owner.

good will

? they’ve had my bike for 4 months and you think I should keep quiet and hope for some good will on their part. How long should I wait?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

They know that bike and the details. If its been sold the warranty is void!

Northwind

You’re also assuming that the fibs/miscommunication is from Wiggle and that Raleigh have been totally straight.

cyclinggardener – Member

you think I should keep quiet and hope for some good will on their part.

They’re showing you immense goodwill and you’re throwing it in their faces. Wonder if they read this forum. Stuff like this can only encourage them to respond to the next enquiry like this with “**** off, you have no warranty”, as they were entitled to do to you. What a joke.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tinfoil hat…..wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub.
    Brilliant advert for wiggle though,top notch (non)customer service.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

As stated warranty is void . Having said that it sounds as though they have been spectacularly inefficient and I too would be pissed off if everything is as you say . It would have been better if you had found what’s causing the creak and sorted it , it’s not usually that difficult . You could even have taken it to a bike shop who would have charged less than the postage you have paid to fix it . Of course if there’s a crack in the frame causing the creak then you can’t do that .

ska-49
    Free Member

I once had to wait for over 1 1/2 months for some ProII 15mm adapters from Supernova Cycles in Newbury – despite phoning and visiting over 5 times 😕 ..

Junkyard
    Free Member

He’s still the original owner.

aye but he no longer owns it and they know this because you send it back and then blabbed on here what you going to do say you sold it back

trail_rat
    Free Member

Probably wont buy used again will you ?

You got it cheap because it comes with no warrenty !

Garry_Lager

What a debacle – you’ve seriously sent a second hand bike back to wiggle asking for a refund? Brass-necked of you if nothing else. It was their mistake not to tell you to get tae **** right off the bat I suppose.

Your first port of call should have been the guy who sold you a creaking frame – assuming it was like that when you got it off him.

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

As stated warranty is void

the warranty is still valid for the original owner.

It would have been better if you had found what’s causing the creak and sorted it

I did, it was the frame, the frame creaked, like I said in the post.

Probably wont buy used again will you ?

Yes I will, I’ve bought many second hand bikes and will continue to do so.

It was their mistake not to tell you to get tae **** right

Well this was the first of many mistakes on their part and the consequence is that I’ve been without a bike for 4 months.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The warranty is void for the original owner as they know it’s been sold now

Northwind

cyclinggardener – Member

Well this was the first of many mistakes on their part and the consequence is that I’ve been without a bike for 4 months.

Entirely your choice- at any point you could have got it back. It’s only your desire to get something for nothing that’s left you bikeless.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Welcome to STW 😆 If the OP wanted sympathy, he’s come to the wrong place 🙄

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

” It would have been better if you had found what’s causing the creak and sorted it

I did, it was the frame, the frame creaked, like I said in the post.”

Is this a hardtail , full sus or what ?
    Frames themselves don’t normally creak , full sus it’s usually a pivot or bearing . Hardtail is usually a BB , headset or wheel . Unless the frame itself is broken it will not normally creak .

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

Entirely your choice- at any point you could have got it back. It’s only your desire to get something for nothing that’s left you bikeless.

I don’t see where you get that idea, they told me a month ago they were sending it back to me and i’ve still not got it. Up until then they said it was in Germany. Where was my choice?

Something for nothing?

I want my bike back, preferably with a frame that isn’t faulty.

The warranty is void for the original owner as they know it’s been sold now

No it’s not. Wiggle have told the original owner that he can make a warranty claim. Wiggle of course still have the bike.

Welcome to STW

Thanks Reluctant. I don’t want sympathy, I want people to know about the problems I’ve had with Wiggle. If you think the service Wiggle have provided is OK that’s fine.

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

Is this a hardtail , full sus or what ?

It’s a hard tail.

Frames themselves don’t normally creak

amazing insight there, thanks. The parts were all removed from the frame. If you pushed the top tube and down tube together in your hands it creaked, like I said in the post, the frame creaked. So I sent it back to Wiggle, who (2 months later) sent it to Raleigh, who (2 weeks later) sent it to Corratec, who still have it, right?

thomthumb
    Free Member

basically you’re ripping us all off.

we buy new bikes & bike companies do some calcs on how many returns there will be.

We are paying for your free bike.

Do you cheat the benefits system too?

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

What free bike? I don’t have a free bike. If I had got one I expect Wiggle would have got a refund from Corratec for the faulty bike they supplied. Corratec would have lost out on what it cost them to produce a faulty frame.

I don’t have a free bike though. I have no idea if I’ll get a replacement frame or get my own one back, after 4 months (and counting). If you think that’s reasonable that’s up to you.

mattbee

I know for a fact a fair few Wiggle guys read this.
    I think you are very lucky to be getting anything, although whatever the situation regarding the non transferrable warranty being honoured by them the comms do sound a bit lacking.
    In your situation I’d be playing nice though; you aren’t owed anything by them.

cyclinggardener
    Free Member

I think you are very lucky to be getting anything

I’m not getting anything, that’s the point. I’ve had 4 months of not getting anything.

granny_ring

Sorry, I have to agree with whats been said already.
    If the warranty is with the original owner and it’s not transferable then you’re not entitled to anything by rights.
    If Wiggle are still going to help you out then you’re lucky with that.
    Maybe communication could have been quicker, but ending in a quicker NO for you so I’d be grateful they’re going to help you out however long it takes.

Northwind

cyclinggardener – Member

I don’t see where you get that idea, they told me a month ago they were sending it back to me and i’ve still not got it. Up until then they said it was in Germany. Where was my choice?

You chose to send it to them when you knew you had no right to a replacement. Then, you chose to keep going through their process. This is all at your instigation.

mattbee

Because I think your attitude stinks to be honest I’ve forwarded the link to this page to a friend who works at Wiggle in the same office as the warranty guys and managers. Hopefully it will help them decide how to deal with the issue.x

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Epic Wiggle Warranty Return Customer Service Nightmare’ is closed to new replies.