Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • ENVE vs Sixth Element
  • thered

Anybody ridden both and have any views on em?

boxxer7
    Free Member

This is of no help I know but given what Santa Cruz are offering as a warranty on their wheels that’s where I’d be looking.

thered

I only want the rims tbf

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just buy the rims direct from LB/Nextie.It’s what 6th element do.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rims only, I went LB but it’s hard not to look at the complete Santa Cruz offering.

Shame I’m a fussy bugger who likes to choose his own hubs and spokes as well.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m sure they will both crack in style at some point…

scruff
    Free Member

Enve is the only choice as you’ll annoy Marcus cuz he’s got poverty carbon LBs.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Seen somewhere SC are going to be offering a rim only option at the start of next year.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’ve not got either but based on others I’d probably not be getting Enve purely based on how difficult it seems to be to get tires on / off….

tang
    Free Member

I’ve run ENVE xc and m60, with no tyre problems & no issues after hard riding.

legend
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    Just buy the rims direct from LB/Nextie.It’st 6th element do.

Pretty sure that’s a downright lie! It’s Farsports….

thered

It’s almost as much to get them from LightBicycle as it is to get them from Sixth Element.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have they gone up that much? Landed my LB rims for about £130 each pre brexit.

timmys

Enve = sponsored rider (or £££££ idiot beyond belief)
    Sixth Element = people who like “SIXTH ELEMENT” in the largest font size known to man (+ whoever does the tweeting for Singletrack).
    Blue Flow Bikes = Normals

HTH

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Iv had my LB`s for a good while now. Built at the factory on CK hubs and DT spokes.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Just to add another into the mix, I’m running Nobl rims and their hubs (similar to Onyx, zero pick up lag and roll so well)

Onzadog
    Free Member

At the risk of a hijack, Ming, how is that greetin? I love the idea of them but some say there’s a softness to the engagement due to hoop stress and the sprags try to expand the hubshell.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

It’s a soft, yet instant pickup, no jar and they roll well, almost like how well a 29 rolls better than a 26!

I’ll freely admit to being an anorexic elderly dwarf and underpowered so may not be stressing it to much. Everybody that has ridden my bike has come back grinning and generally muttering ” ohh wow”. My mates say that they can no longer hear me chasing them down until I’m buzzing their back wheel.

I’ve also got a profile hubbed wheel,and used to think that was good but TBH the instant drive off the Nobl knocks it for six.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nobl knocks it for six

I’m not surprised….something that heavy should kill it from blunt force trauma 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ENVE vs Sixth Element’ is closed to new replies.