Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • English way of life
  • beerbelly
    Free Member

Everyone i work with works all day then goes home at night to sit in front of TV watching soaps and crap tv and eating junk food this can't be anyway to spend your life ?

finbar
    Free Member

Posting on internet forums is much worthier.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Would normaly be riding tonight but it's been hammering down

myheadsashed

says a man called beerbelly!

RepacK
    Free Member

Most of my friends in the Uk seem to spend much of their time getting p1ssed at the w/e. In fact most non-brits (Euro & US) all have the idea that the UK has a big problem with alcohol. Thats why I prefer living in California. Less time spent on the p1ss, more, Sun & more people to ride with. 😀

beerbelly
    Free Member

I admit i have a beer belly but it's been earned in beer gardens after rides

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Guy at work has a Thai wife and she likened living in Britain to being in prison- in the evening everyone goes back and shuts themselves in their cells houses.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I've been working in a prison wing full of fractious prisoners & i didn't get in till 19.45. I'm now chillin with a G&T then I'm gonna watch last nights Corrie. So FU*K OFF!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Guy at work has a Thai wife and she likened living in Britain to being in prison

That's probably because being stuck indoors with a fat boring middle-aged businessman who can't get himself a girlfriend, instead of going out with mates of your own age, can't be much fun 😐

jackthedog
    Free Member

It isn't any way to live life, Beerbelly, I agree.

beerbelly
    Free Member

One guy sits a machine all day with a ipod on pressing a button every 30 seconds then goes home to slob on the sofa with the remote he talked about getting a bike to pedal to work on (he lives 1 mile away) but is going to save up and get a moped

RepacK
    Free Member

Each to their own I say – but having your main form of downtime being drinking isnt for me.

john_drummer
    Free Member

my main form of downtime is music. playing, practicing, recording, listening. And I ride a bike once or twice a month too.

I watch very little TV – except right now I have a New Model Army DVD on. Is it music or is it watching TV?

beerbelly
    Free Member

Repack

Heard where abouts in california u live ?

RepacK
    Free Member

San Francisco. But I do spend a fair bit of time back in the UK – I mean I still love the UK, its my home but CA & the people who live here are sooo friendly & the girls are really hot..Which is no bad thing 😉

Keva
    Free Member

I wish they could all be California girls…. the west coast has the sunshine…

will
    Free Member

I do agree that it seems most people spend nights/days in front of the TV. I'm never that bothered about TV.

Always really annoys me when i got and see the GF, and she insists on watching tv, in the day, at a weekend? Usually leave her to do that on her own 🙄 Just seems like a waste of your life as people have said.

tails
    Free Member

the girls are really hot.

you need go over the boarder in mexico, they make cali chicks look average. well except perhaps hooters in OC. 😆

beerbelly
    Free Member

British girls arnt so hot any more too many tv dinners

Free Member

Aren't they watching 'how to look good naked' and then wishing upon a star the dairy milk they've just eaten won't make any difference to the wobbly bits?

Or Cooking programs on eating excellent, healthy, varied foods from around the UK and then tucking into a bacon buttie?

But it's cold/raining/windy/oxygen in the air/some other excuse/etc in the evening.

My folks neighbours (I know their lad) … always bitching and making excuses (they even have one car, purely for carring golf clubs (bloody subaru with a massive exhaust!)) (vent over!)

😉

TV needs to return to how it once was, off late at night and evening entertainment was the news, or if you were lucky you could stay up and watch the test signal.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Ah yes the test signal on bbc that girl playing noughts n crosses

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think you're all jealous that some people can satisfy themselves just sat on the sofa contentedly, whilst you've got to go out in the cold dark wet night to fill that aching void gnawing at your souls 🙂

uponthedowns
    Free Member

That's probably because being stuck indoors with a fat boring middle-aged businessman who can't get himself a girlfriend, instead of going out with mates of your own age, can't be much fun

Actually Ernie he is a young, slim not busineness man type who is saving up to move out to Thailand with his missus to teach English so you can **** right off.

sc-xc

TV needs to return to how it once was, off late at night and evening entertainment was the news

Don't you sell massive TV's and home cinemas? 😕

Spongebob
    Free Member

Well when you get home from work hungry and tired, skip diner, skip the shower. Go and pedal round a dark, cold and muddy forest, whilst getting rained on!

If you want an outdoor lifestyle, this is the wrong country! Given that daylight is a scarcity for half the year and rain frequently spoils the procedings, it takes all but the dogedly determined to keep up any outdoor routine.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Actually Ernie he is a young, slim not business man type…..

LOL ! I was just applying a bit of good ol' judgemental STW stereotyping ! ……… can't we do that anymore ? 😀

brooess
    Free Member

The fact that people into looking after themselves are called 'fitness freaks' is all you need to know.

iDave
    Free Member

can't get himself a girlfriend

I thought he had done, then married her. Or doesn't it count as she's Asian?

duntmatter
    Free Member

here we go..

RepacK
    Free Member

spongebob thats why I live in California!

BigDummy
    Free Member

[chuckles at IanMunro] 😀

Nico
    Free Member

The fact that "looking after yourself" is used to describe people who live in the gym and talk about reps and energy drinks is all you need to know.

Don't forget that we have long summer evenings and are expected to take more than a token one week holiday.

steve-g
    Free Member

I think it's brilliant.

I work hard for 10 hours a day, get a run in during my lunch break, travel the one hour it takes to get home, and when I collapse onto the sofa at the end of the day the 2 hours of soaps the GF has lined up is just the motivation I need to get up again and go and do something a bit more interesting

Olly
    Free Member

sadly, at the moment, "thats how i roll"

at work infront of a computer, waiting for 5:00, head home, turn on laptop, and TV, wait for 9:00 the folowing morn.

utterly depressing waste, that i tend to combat with wine/whiskey/beer

im getting myself some bike lights and gonna force myself out the door i think, or get myself a big ass sketchbook and do something useful with my time.

sofatester
    Free Member

work infront of a computer, waiting for 5:00, head home, turn on laptop, and TV, wait for 9:00 the folowing morn.

And i thought i was depressed! 😆

RepacK
    Free Member

Good on you Olly, best of luck & all that stuff!

coffeeking
    Free Member

work infront of a computer, waiting for 5:00, head home, turn on laptop, and TV, wait for 9:00 the folowing morn.

I spent the last 12 months doing that. Seemed good at the time. Wasn't. Depressing.

molgrips
    Free Member

There's a whole world in there. The great indoors.. don't knock it if you don't know how to explore it 🙂

Right – I'm off for a ride 🙂

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘English way of life’ is closed to new replies.