Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Endura Zips
  • woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Am I the only person who has constant problems with the zips on Endura products?

I really like Endura stuff but I’m forever finding the zip gets jammed up on the flap of material over or under the zip. I then spend 5 minutes carefully unjamming it, hoping I don’t rip the material. I don’t have this problem with any other stuff.
    I’ve noticed they don’t use YKK zips which could be the issue?

edlong
    Free Member

No. You’re not the only one.

More jams, and harder work to unjam than others.

I feel it’s more a design issue with how the flappy bits feed themselves into the zip, than an issue with the zips themselves..

martinhutch

No, their zips always seem to fail before anything else. Only their gloves split quicker.

scotroutes

Nah. It’s a materials issue. I have similar problems with other garments.

I did have an ankle zip fail on a pair of Endura MT500 tights last year. They are at least 7 years old though. I sent them back to Endura to be repaired as the tights are no longer made. They were going to charge £15 which I thought was fine. While they were there, they replaced both zips. And then sent them back to me FoC.

bentudder

If you’re riding in mud a lot, zips fail.
    Haven’t seen out-of-the-ordinary failures with my Endura kit – and I own a fair bit, and it gets a fair use. Plenty of other kit (and kit with YKK zippers) fails on me.
    I’ve got a pair of Endura tights which must be about 20 years old now, and still going strong – as are the zips. The tags tend to fatigue and fall off, but they do that on a lot of zips, and I either replace them with new tags or put a bit of light line through the loop on the zip head – come to think of it the vents on my ten year-ish old humvees have line through the pull tags as the rubber heads cracked and fell off.
    I had the full length zip on an eight year old thermal jersey fail over Christmas; I mailed them, got a response shortly after the break apologising for the delay, sent in the jersey and got it back yesterday with a brand new zip sewn in really cleanly – you couldn’t see it had been replaced.
    Off the top of my head, Musto and Henri Lloyd also offer repair services and have done zips, drysuit seals and stuff for me over the years for bargain prices. Scottish Mountain Gear will also do new zips – they fixed my old Wingnut really nicely when the main zip on that failed.

ransos
    Free Member

Zip broke on my Endura jacket, I emailed their repair service a week at and haven’t had a reply.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the zips but Endura poppers (aka snap-fasteners), either self-undoing or perma-locking, nothing between.

tjmoore

Only their gloves split quicker

Couple of weeks on mine from new and they split!

Crotch rip on the shorts is another common one.

They used to be good stuff and last for ages but haven’t been happy with more recent stuff.

singletrackmind

Me too
    Tjeu do seem to use a very small toothed zip
    I guess it is to keep you warmer and, or, drier
    But i have a jacket with busted zip and material stuck in the pt vents

thepurist

For balance I had a zip pull fail on some Madison shorts. I got a reply within hours saying they would normally replace the shorts but as they had no stock they refunded me in full.

ransos
    Free Member

Zip broke on my Endura jacket, I emailed their repair service a week at and haven’t had a reply.

To follow up, Endura replaced my jacket with a brand new one FOC. Their zips might be flimsy but I can’t fault their customer service.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Endura Zips’ is closed to new replies.