Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Endura Convert II Waterproof Jacket……..Any good?
  • granny_ring

Anyone got one of these?
    Good or bad points…..Or would it be better to get a separate gilet?

Thanks in advance

granny_ring

Morning bump

coastkid
    Free Member

yep i got one,use it for commuting. seriously waterproof but in warmer weather a wee bit warm on the arms i found, ideal for winter downpours when its real cold but maybe want for something cooler in summer, well made and good fit for the money,
    removable arms and there zip venting is good!, can store the arms in the rear pocket,
    id give it 7/10 for 4 seasons but this now in mid winter 9/10 😮

Tinners

I’ve had mine for over a year and I think it’s great. I’ve never taken the sleeves off (in fact I didn’t realise that the sleeves could come off when I bought it). I didn’t do a lot of research before I bought it – my life’s too busy for that – just went into Tredz, tried on a few and picked the one that fitted the bill best. Not regretted it and would recommend it. I say that without having tried anything else though, so take my advice with a pinch of salt – I might not realise what I’m missing elsewhere….

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Think I had a convert 1 and found it a little sweaty. That could have been me though. The zip didn’t last long either.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have one and it’s a brilliant gillet, very waterproof but that wont matter as you’ll be soaked with sweat as it’s not that breathable. For the money though very good but best when it’s very cold or used sleeveless.

stayhigh

I have one and have to agree with the above comments. It is a great gillet and gets regular use as such during winter months. It doesnt breath very well so goes from sweaty to cold over long rides with the sleeves on. I also found that after washing the jacket tends to wet out very quickly despite following all usual precautions i.e. pure soap, tech wash etc. Shame really as it looks nice and is well made, had it for two years.

granny_ring

Thanks for feedback guys

Waderider
    Free Member

Coastkid sums up the strength and weaknesses well. A great jacket for the money, I really like mine.

scotabroad

A nicely made and designed jacket, BUT, I found it did not breath nearly enough for me and I got very damp/ wet from the inside out far too quickly and had to get rid of it.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

A nicely made and designed jacket, BUT, I found it did not breath nearly enough for me and I got very damp/ wet from the inside out far too quickly and had to get rid of it.

+1

Fits well, well made and very waterproof but water from the outside is not the problem. It’s the lack of breathability that makes sweat build up on very quickly on the inside.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Endura Convert II Waterproof Jacket……..Any good?’ is closed to new replies.