Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Eminent – Another new bike brand
  • Speeder

Just saw THIS on Pinkbike

Whilst I wish them no ill will and I commend them for either finding some serious investment or stumping up the cash themselves, I can’t help thinking that it’s a bit early to be opening the shiny new premises and getting press on the bike when the geo. is 3-5 years out of date and the thing has some serious aesthetic & functional compromises.

I wish them every success but that things going to be a hard sell in the current market place.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Rear tyre valve not aligned

Saddle not level (unless sag-corrected but I remain skeptical)

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Interesting suspension.
    Long travel shock.

Overall not a beauty.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Looks a bit Slim Shady

Speeder

Malvern Rider – Member
    Rear tyre valve not aligned

Fair – Do they not know “the rules”?

Saddle not level (unless sag-corrected but I remain skeptical)

It’s all winch ‘n’ plummet these days isn’t it? See Chris Porter’s bike for example.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lawill linkages!

the geo. is 3-5 years out of date

Longer and slacker than a Specialied enduro. It’s not a Geometron, but then that’s in a class of one.

Absolutely zero chance of me affording one, but it looks cool.

finbar
    Free Member

Works for me aesthetically.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why have they made it so short and/or the seat tubes so high?

Visually it’s not disgusting but it looks a bit like a Mondraker ate all the pies and got cut-and-shut.

Speeder

chakaping – Member
    Why have they made it so short and/or the seat tubes so high?

Exactly. Progressive geometry from 2013-14 when they started? Maybe they haven’t been paying attention to what the rest of the industry were doing while they developed it.

My long, small Starling has reach/stack numbers very close to the middle (62cm) of those but the seat tube is still shorter than any of them and that’s not extreme by any measure. I’d struggle even to fit a 100mm dropper in any size I’d want to ride . . .

chiefgrooveguru

It’s a shame that companies are putting so much effort into designs which preclude you fitting a proper length dropper post in. However short they cut that seat tube, the shock will get in the way of the post insertion.

chiefgrooveguru

It’s a shame that companies are putting so much effort into designs which preclude you fitting a proper length dropper post in. However short they cut that seat tube, the shock will get in the way of the post insertion.

vincienup
    Free Member

It does look a little like the overweight offspring of a Mondraker and an old aluminium Nuke Mega, doesn’t it?

Brave guys with serious backing. Giving up the day job several years before even having a product, and then planning to go to market exclusively targeting the elite end with only a partial range of sizes and some decidedly old-school ideas like focusing on seat tube length for frame size certainly shows belief.. It’s a little self evident that no-one cared enough to give more than 40% to the aesthetics though. The box is nice. That dropper routing isn’t going to work with a lot of seat posts without reinventing all the old dangly hose problems that stealth droppers were invented to get rid of.

Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of the new-new wave … 😕 For the sort of money they’re talking about, that thing had better ride like absolute stink!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Eminent – Another new bike brand’ is closed to new replies.