Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Emergency Contact (ICE) – What do you use?
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

Do many forum members have an ICE band / dog tag / sticker on them or their bikes when they go out riding?

If you do what do you use and where did you buy it from?

Kuco

I use a Road id

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve just recently addressed this. I’ve written my wifes moble number as I.C.E. on the fluro inside of my Camelbak pocket with permanent marker.

scotroutes

On my phone and on my GPS startup screen. Nothing on me or the bike.

Also have a SPOT tracker for longer “out-there” trips.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Do you know where the emergency services would normally look for this info?

qwerty
    Free Member

They’ll keep looking until they find something or exhaust their search.

scotroutes

Oh- the GPS is attached to the bike…

sandwicheater

My phone (iphone) has my ICE info saved as my lock screen so no need to enter pin to access.

Also use Road ID.

carlos
    Free Member

On start up of my Garmin and also Mrs Carlos mobile written in the most obvious pocket of my back pack.

if I’m out on the roadie, a note stuffed in a jersey pocket

The phone has a passcode on it so pointless being on there i guess

scotroutes

Lots of phones will let you set up an ICE number visible from the Lock Screen.
    There are Apps that provide that function.
    You could add it to to the Lock Screen image.

thegreatape
    Free Member

If we find you lying injured we will search your pockets, bag, wallet, phone, or anything else on you to find out who you are. We’ll bugger about with your phone, where possible, looking for ‘Home’ or ‘Mum’ numbers if we have to. If we need it, and when we need it (not always the first priority), if it’s there to be found we’ll find it. As a rule 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

That I didn’t know. Thank you (starts Google search…)

lunge

RoadID for me as well

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

RoadID here as well

Kuco

Just add I mainly use mine running as I never take a phone with me when I run.

dknwhy

Road ID for me.
    Have a spot tracker too for when i’m on a proper radventure in the wilds, fighting off bears, wolfs and cougars 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Road ID phone app

colournoise

Lock screen of my phone. Standard option on there to add custom text to it.

somouk
    Free Member

I use the medical card on my iPhone to ring the Mrs.

NormalMan

I use it onelife id products

onelifeid

iainc

Road ID user here too, and it’s been used once when I was unconscious at the Velodrome 🙁

Annoyingly I lost it last Sunday at Glentress, although had a new one on the way anyway, but got a note through the door earlier from Royal Mail saying I need to pay £13 to pick it up, which is tax plus an £8 handling fee. 👿

Never been charged import tax before on their products..

sofaboy73
    Free Member

anyone know is you can set an ICE number on the lock screen of an I-phone 5? had a look, but cant see anything in settings?

vmgscot

Written ICE details on outside of helmet(s) and lock screen of phone.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m fairly certain I’d end up John Doe, not that it matters much, I don’t have any extreme allergies or medical conditions for them to worry about, we can deal with ID when I’m conscious again.

They could stick my phone to my thumb if they want to unlock it and call anyone of the 12 numbers on it and speak to someone who knows me.

Perhaps I should stick a label on the back of my phone – “ICE, Don’t call my Mum, she’s useless in a crisis and lives in the Middle East, it’ll cost me a fortune for nothing.”

Honestly, once the Princess of Wales Hospital called her, “your son is badly hurt, he’s come off his Mountain Bike, broken both arms and lost a lot of blood, if you rush you might be able to see him before he goes into surgery” which she heard as “your son has fallen off his motorbike, he’s in Bristol, it’s not urgent, he’ll be home soon” honestly it wasn’t even a voicemail they actually said it to her.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I made up some small laminated cards and have one in every bag, road and MTB , with all my details on it and the wifes etc.

Milkie
    Free Member

Helmet has ICEdot, not sure many people would even think to look on a helmet or know what ICEdot is though.

ferrals
    Free Member

Thrustyjust – Member

I made up some small laminated cards and have one in every bag, road and MTB , with all my details on it and the wifes etc.

this is a good idea actually. I will do the same.

carlos
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

That I didn’t know. Thank you (starts Google search…)

bensales
    Free Member

I just carry a credit card. Works as an emergency get out in pretty nearly all situations, and it’ll suffice for someone to find out more about me if need be.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Emergency Contact (ICE) – What do you use?’ is closed to new replies.