• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Elusive squeak
  • PJay
    Free Member

I had an elusive squeak on my old bike which has transfered across after a frame transplant. It's not much but now I'm aware of it I'd like to get it sorted.

It's not particularly loud but sounds like it's coming from the rear of the bike and tends to be most audible when winding up climbs in a low gear. I wondered whether it was hub related (more weight over the back wheel) and have popped a few drops chain lube around the edge of the hubs plastic dustcaps in case it was that, but it's still there. I noticed today the it only seems to happen when pushing down on the non-driveside crank, so I've checked that that's done up properly and checked the tightness of the pedal too, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

And sometimes it vanishes altogether, perhaps it's just a bit of errant disc squeal from muck or grease on the rotor (and I get a bit of pad rub intermittently too) but was wondering whether there's anything else I should tighten up/lube.

I don't think it's a sign of imminent failure and I don't wont to spend forever chasing down a relatively minor and intermittend squeak, but there might be something I've missed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Elusive squeak’ is closed to new replies.