Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Electrical quote advise
  • wilsonthecat
    Free Member

I’ve had a quote for a power supply into my garden office. Office is 120m away from the house and the quote includes

120m 10mm SWA cable
    Distribution board
    240m CAT 5 cable
    3 sockets
    2 lights plus switches.

The quote has come back at 1500 including install and testing. Not sure if this is reasonable or not?

jdean
    Free Member

That seems a fair price, the SWA alone will cost the best part of £500. Where abouts are you located?

br
    Free Member

At that price make sure you add as many as extra sockets/lights/spurs, just in case.

And what about outside lights etc?

Also, maybe look at wireless rather than cable.

northernmatt

Second what br says about extra sockets. We’ve just had the house rewired and wish we’d added another few sockets in a couple of rooms. A sparky will probably only charge an extra £50 per outlet.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Hmm thought that seemed fair. The price includes them digging 40m of trench and clearing the rest.

Based in Notts

johnners
    Free Member

Don’t know anything about the price of electrical work but I know a good sized garden when I hear about it!

Also, maybe look at wireless rather than cable

Doubt wireless is a good bet over that range. I’d be thinking twice about using Cat5 too, we always used fibre for runs >100m.

jekkyl

Advice

ellis
    Free Member

Yeah not bad but in SA you will pay more for all that work so is that qoute in Ponds

footflaps

Doubt wireless is a good bet over that range. I’d be thinking twice about using Cat5 too, we always used fibre for runs >100m.

Max single run length for 1000 BaseT Ethernet is 100m.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Electrical quote advise’ is closed to new replies.