Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Elbow pads that stay in position?
  • Steveo

Any recommendations?

fudge9202
    Free Member

I find the endura d30 stay put a fit and forget.

swingbing
    Free Member

Brand X. Bish bash bosh.

xiphon
    Free Member

G-Form pads over here. Seem to work well, and not slip down…

wrecker
    Free Member

POC joint here. Forget I’ve got them on. Didn’t get on with the knees though (if anyone want some used POC knees in large let me know).

Northwind

POC Bones here. Downsides- expensive, make you look like a knob, bulky.

Upsides- huge protection. Long-lived. Comfortable- they’re just the right shape for your arm, so rather than having to be held in place by tight straps, they really just sit there. Very, very unsweaty (they look like they should be warm but the construction means that they’re less enclosing than most, and the retaining “sock” is very thin).

Yet to find anything else that isn’t crap by comparison- though I’m tempted to get some Gforms for more minimal protection.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wear these 661 Rhythm elbow pads now

They’re just like wearing arm warmers (because that’s basically what they are)

Steveo

Thanks all.
    xiphon; How did you get on with the G-form sizing?

xiphon
    Free Member

I opted for large (both elbows and knees), and seem to fit nicely.

I would say I’m of ‘average’ size to be honest – arms are neither twigs or like Arnie’s…

They don’t offer a huge amount of protection, but I still use them (in combination with a spine board) for DH racing.

Steveo

Thanks 🙂

wobbem
    Free Member

G form suck, they will move when you crash and slide…. I know I HAD the elbows and knee pads.

legend
    Free Member

The Scandinavian brands (POC and Sweet) have it sorted in this household. Sadly you pay Scandinavian prices for the pleasure though

Rich
    Free Member

Troy Lee 5500 elbow pads. These don’t move at all on me, even when landing drops, but you have to get a small size so they are nice and snug.

composite
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

POC Bones here. Downsides- expensive, make you look like a knob, bulky.

Upsides- huge protection. Long-lived. Comfortable- they’re just the right shape for your arm, so rather than having to be held in place by tight straps, they really just sit there. Very, very unsweaty (they look like they should be warm but the construction means that they’re less enclosing than most, and the retaining “sock” is very thin).

Yet to find anything else that isn’t crap by comparison- though I’m tempted to get some Gforms for more minimal protection.
    I got the bones to and agree with everything Northwind says about them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Alpinstar soft pad ones or Ixs assault

HermanShake
    Free Member

IXS hack softy elbows work well for me, the knees are annoyingly rubby on one leg but the elbows are great. I got knees and helbows for £20 from CRC.

Excuse the advert, it was the clearest image:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Elbow pads that stay in position?’ is closed to new replies.