Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Elbow Pads All Day Comfort Any Info welcome
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

As the title says I’m looking for some all day elbow pads, not DH hard types, I’ve got Dianese Trail Skin knee pads & they are Ok however I’m interested in other brands of elbow pads, the type of riding is generally all day stuff in the lakes & I’ve been bitten by lakes rocks a few times over the year & it bloody hurts.

Cheers
    Mark

Tracey

We are using G Form. Worked a treat on me last year when I was bouncing down a mountain. Could have done with one on my bike.

austy
    Free Member

Got some IXS flow knee and elbow pads, would size up, had them on for a Thursday night club ride to see how comfy they were and had on for 4-5 hours and forgot they were there to be honest. Not crashed the elbow pads, but had a few tumbles with the knee pads and come away unscathed and they haven’t moved during the fall.

mcnultycop

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy-lee-designs-egl-5550-elbow-forearm-guard-2015/rp-prod59942

These are ace. Snug but unobtrusive and don’t move about.

I’m recovering from a broken elbow and these are superb for me.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m finding the POC joint vpd2.0’s I took a punt on for this purpose are working out fine. Well comfy for long rides, not crashed them yet but I expect them to work well when I do. Winstanleys do them at a very reasonable price.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, I’m pretty happy with my POC VPD pads. Used for trail centre gnarpooning and then in the bag for things like the Gap Road, to be used when needed. Most important thing though has to be the fit.

garethc
    Free Member

As vincienup, POC VPD 2.0.

I have crashed in them…

citizeninsane
    Free Member

Another vote for the POC ones. Comfy, don’t pinch the inside of the elbow and the padding moulds to the shape of your elbow once it’s been warmed up a bit with body heat. I put them on and forget I’m wearing them.

Was so impressed I got a pair of the long knee pads too, but haven’t really used them since there’s some nylon thread on the back of the knee that chafes and isn’t comfy for pedalling. Need to do something about that, cos they’ve been sitting doing nothing for months.

chrssmale
    Free Member

+1 for the Troy Lee ones

blairc70
    Free Member

+1 for troy lee and my sons both use G form ( without complaining )

NazNomad
    Free Member

I use the POC ones too .Totally unobtrusive,sometimes even forget I’m wearing them!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Elbow Pads All Day Comfort Any Info welcome’ is closed to new replies.