Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • I was 'x' age before I…..
  • TiRed

I was 37 before I started drinking coffee
    I was 45 before I started racing a bicycle

jimmy

I was 28 before I discovered STW.

😳

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dude, that’s like 10 years before most of the forumites (not me though!)

ourmaninthenorth

37 before I learned from where the word “poppycock” was derived.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

38 before I’d ridden a motorcycle. Still never bought or possessed a TV and still yet to buy a new car, doubt I ever will tbh.

andytherocketeer

I was 14 before I bought my first computer (actually 3 of us chipped in)
    I was 18 before I bought my first bike (wish my own cash, and still got it aged 43)
    I was 20 before I bought my first TV (still got that too, and it works, and has only recently been relegated as not too useful being 4:3 and not HD)

There’s certainly some slackers in here 😉

I’ ll be 50 this year & I’ve not yet had a Macdonalds.

I wouldn’t even recommend a Happy Meal for your 50th, even though loads seem to treat their kids. They’re neither happy nor a meal. But they’re ace if you need to promote hunger 30 minutes later.

maccruiskeen

42 before it dawned on me why you have to put a £1 in a shopping trolley – that its not to discourage people from nicking them its so you have to put them back where you found them to get your £1 back rather than them being scattered all around the carpark.

When I was a kid my folks were bohemian artists. They had two televisions. One on top of the other. On one the picture worked but it had no sound, the other had no picture but good sound.

I used to do the same thing (when I was also a bohemian artist). I used to pick old brown-box tvs up off the street and tinker around with them, using the high tension circuit to make little arcs of northern light (and later, I learned to also irradiate myself) so I had a pile of partly functioning tv’ in my house s ready to dismember and used one for sound and the other for picture (and both for the smell of hot damp dust)

sadexpunk

i only saw the coca cola christmas lorry ad for the first time ever this christmas. at 50. kept wondering why people were making a big thing of the coca cola lorry being in town. “what coca cola lorry” to gasps of bewilderment? so i still only saw it cos nobody would believe me and they forced it on me. dont think ive been missing much.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve never been to a straight strip club.

I was 24 when I went to a gay strip bar

(I’m straight) 😀

luket

On the car theme, I’m 38 and I’ve never sold a car (other than to a scrap yard). I have owned them since I was about 19 though. Not bought bangers, just kept each one a long time.

I am about to have to sell 2. Irritatingly.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

I was 29 when I bought my first porsche

PMK2060

I was 30 before i learnt to ride a bike (38 now).

Never learnt as a kid and too embarrassed in my teens / twenties. Having a child made me realise i needed to learn.

accidentalfanboy
    Free Member

30 and never had a pot noodle quite happy to eat fast food and the odd takeaway but pot noodle is just a step too far!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I was 30 before I had a bike accident that a) kept me off my bike for a longish 2 1/2 months) amount of time b) seriously affected my confidence on the bike.

I guess that considering how long I’ve been riding, I’m lucky really.

yunki
    Free Member

I was 9 before I tried tobacco..
    I also tried cannabis the same year 😳

twohats
    Free Member

I was 43 when I bought my 1st car.

Cougar

I was 18 before I flew in an aeroplane.

I was 20 before I landed in an aeroplane.

I was 19 and 20-something respectively, but same here.

nickname
    Free Member

Age 34 had my first broken bones, first time under general anesthetic, first surgery and cast, first time signed off work, first time injecting self with some medical drugs…all last week 🙂 Guess this is the first big challenge of my life.

onlysteel
    Free Member

54 before my 1st mobile, 3 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘I was 'x' age before I…..’ is closed to new replies.