Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Eh? Does not compute. CMD poll content
  • binners

WTF is going on!!!!

As the country slips into a double-dip recession, unemployment heads inexorably towards the 3 million mark, and they’re hastily privatising the NHS, while the (unreformed) bankers prepare to get their snouts back in the trough for yet more billions in bonuses – the Tories are somehow 5 points ahead in the polls.

Dear God!!

We really are all DOOOOMED!!!

titusrider
    Free Member

What do you expect people to say?

let jump straight back to the arms of the people who got us here in the first place?

who no longer have a credible leader..

Sancho
    Free Member

They have done a few things that people wanted to happen.

The first was the stance on Europe, which not popular with the ministers was hugely popular with the public and has not changed or achieved or upset anything.
    Second the benefits cutting and now capping, which is very popular and way overdue.

Economy, etc, it seems there is little difference in either party so it is these issues that stand out and gain popularity.

binners

That’s my point Titus. Its come to a pretty grim juncture when George Osbourne’s catastrophic economic policies are looking like the best option available

I wouldn’t trust the two Eds to run a ****ing bath, never mind the countries economy!

wwaswas

the people who got us here in the first place

Politicians?

I’d jump at the chance to vote for someone who didn’t actually want to rule.

grum
    Free Member

News flash! People are idiots.

Especially Ed Milliband if he can’t make headway against these twunts.

aracer
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust the two Eds to run a ****ing bath, never mind the countries economy!

Well you’ve answered your own question then. As mentioned they’ve also just come up with a couple of popular things. This CMD may just be a more canny politician than he’s given credit for – has got lots of unpopular stuff out of the way early.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – it’s choosing like choosing which pile of crap to eat. Neither is going to be pleasant.

I wonder if it’s time to look back at the post election threads yet to see how people’s predictions (the ones made with absolute certainty – eg ‘you mark my words’ etc) are looking 🙂

Drac

Polls mean nothing they often have little or no reflection to what will happen during a general election.

grum
    Free Member

As mentioned they’ve also just come up with a couple of popular things

Popular with morons aka Daily Mail readers. Let’s blame the poor for all our problems while the people who actually created this mess get off scot free. Yay!

Let’s make pointless jingoistic gestures towards our main trading partners. Woo! You tell em Dave.

binners

Polls mean nothing

I’m sure that’s exactly the kind of relaxed stance presently being taken at Labour Party HQ.

I wonder if the knives are out yet? Or whether they’ll be as utterly gutless as they were in not getting rid of their last electoral liability?

aracer
    Free Member

I wonder if it’s time to look back at the post election threads yet to see how people’s predictions (the ones made with absolute certainty – eg ‘you mark my words’ etc) are looking

Oh you don’t need to go that far back 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Populist policies kowtowing to the prejudices of Rupert Murdoch and the line of anti europe anti welfare state propaganda he has peddled for years.

Rupert sets up myths and lies he repeats continuously until they become accepted then the condems set up policies that pander to the moral panic he has created.

loum
    Free Member

grum – Member
    As mentioned they’ve also just come up with a couple of popular things
    Popular with morons aka Daily Mail readers. Let’s blame the poor for all our problems while the people who actually created this mess get off scot free. Yay!
    Let’s make pointless jingoistic gestures towards our main trading partners. Woo! You tell em Dave.

The strange thing for me to understand is where the extra support has come from.
    These “Mail Popular” moves will appeal to people that voted Tory, aways have voted Tory, and always will vote Tory.
    The poll changes show that some people have obviously changed their minds, I can’t believe its Daily Mail readers.
    Either CMD really does unite the common people, or Milliband and Clegg (this one is a definate) are seriously losing their traditional supporters.

aracer
    Free Member

Though strangely a month or so ago, you couldn’t envisage them doing that, TJ.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Popular with morons aka Daily Mail readers.

I’ve always found most people who read the DM to be quite intelligent, grounded people as it goes.

Guardian/Independent readers on the other hand I’ve always found to be quite inept outside their comfortable public funded world, with little grip on the realities of the real working class.

aracer
    Free Member

the people who actually created this mess get off scot free.

Presumably you’d prefer that we re-elect them?

binners

I think he was referring to the still-too-big-too-fail financial institutions that nearly took the entire economy down.

Remember them? The ones who, despite plummeting share values, zero lending to small business, not an ounce of contrition, are about to indulge in their traditional, and totally unreformed) orgy of greed and excess

ahwiles
    Free Member

the people who actually created this mess get off scot free.

Gordon Brown?

bankers got the banks in trouble, politicians (well, GBrown) got the country in trouble.

(10 or so years of ‘sustainable’ growth – the ‘good’ times, did he put anything away as savings? No, he cashed them in.)

binners

You don’t have to make a choice, you know? 6 of one, half a dozen of the other IMHO.

Ed Milliband has made Gordon Browns right hand man )while he ran the economy into the rocks) chancellor. And actually expects to be taken seriously?!!!

Then Dave and George have kicked any banking reform into the long grass, so its business as usual for their mates in the city to see if they can bankrupt the economy properly this time. Because that’s what’s in the post

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Hitler was popular once…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Eh? Does not compute. CMD poll content’ is closed to new replies.