Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Egg Yoke only scrambled eggs
  • dyna-ti

Anyone try this recipe ?.

Not even sure if this is a thing, so just wondering really.I’m a big scrambled egg fan(4 eggs) and I dont overcook, so slightly runny. Finely chopped chives,a little smoked salt, then some grated Parmesan on top is my usual recipe.

But being decadent, I wondered if yoke only with cream replacing the milk might be tastier. Anyone think thats going to work ok ?.

Twodogs

Dunno about that but chives?! Dill.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think you’re going to be making a lot of chocolate mousse (no bad thing) as it’ll take about 3 dozen eggs to get enough for a slice of toast.

Just use a goose egg or two for a more decadent texture.

dyna-ti

I’ll give it a go with the goose eggs. Bit of a bike journey out to Waitrose, but worth it if they’re nice as you say.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Just get rid of the milk, use whole eggs and butter.

jamj1974

Definitely no milk. No need for cream either.

chrisyork

Oh this is bringing back memories, we’ve not done that for a while.

We’d normally have the eggs same as you just slightly underdone so they’re runny. With some butter, put some chopped salmon into it with black pepper

Thinking of waking up earlier tomorrow now 🤣

Northwind

ooh, goose eggs? Never thought of that.

Seems like yolk scrambled eggs is a good counterpart to baking?

malv173
    Free Member

I’m vegan nowadays (4 years ish), but stopped using milk in scrambled eggs way before that. Delia Smith’s method is the one. Just a bit of butter towards the end of cooking. And I think the texture may be a bit weird with yolk only. Give it a go! YOLO and all that…

TiRed

You need the butter not milk to get the right texture. You don’t need to go without egg white then. But try both. It’s quite a lot of butter though.

prettygreenparrot

Milk or cream in scrambled eggs?!?

Eggs
    Butter
    Salt
    Pepper

nickc

Same recipe as @prettygreenparrot, might give the cream addition a whirl though, sounds fun!

ads678

As above, milk shouldn’t be anywhere near scrambled eggs. It’s just watering it down.

Butter in pan, leave the milk alone.

onehundredthidiot

Dollop of crème fraîche at the end.

kelvin

Just use a goose egg or two for a more decadent texture.

🤢🤮

bassmandan

Saw this recipe a year or so ago and been using it since:

Essentially a little cornflour and water mix, add the eggs, add chopped butter, fry. Comes out delicious.

maccruiskeen

I’ve not done yolk only but my more decadent version of scrambles was recipe that involved  a 6 eggs with two of them being yolk only and a lot of cream added just at the point it started to scramble (and then some smoked salnon)

It was an interesting variation ….. but it basically made you feel full for about 72 hours

Comfit Egg Yolk was quite cheffy fad for a while – maybe try that if you’re wanting to go yolk only. I remember a season of Mastetchef a few years back where the poor narrator was having to say ‘and a confit egg yolk’ every third sentence for the whole series.

maccruiskeen

I’ll give it a go with the goose eggs. Bit of a bike journey out to Waitrose

Dont be tempted by duck eggs instead.- theuy’re like wallpaper paste if you scramble them.

longdog
    Free Member

Just butter, eggs and seasoning here, but a good blob of garlic soft cheese is a cracking addition.

Not even thought of making it yolk only, seems a faff

fasthaggis

Yolk only seems quite wasteful unless you are making/have made meringues.
    I always think it’s the quality of the egg that makes the most difference.

gecko76

Go big. Go ostrich.

Did that once. Fed many. Tasted OK.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Daft point (and appreciate I’m probably teaching you to suck eggs) but use small eggs as the yolks are about the same size but the whites are smaller.

Also it’s better for the chickens not to be encouraged to produce large eggs.

tthew

Would it even work? Suspect you may need at least some white to make the consistency right. I sometimes put a couple of extra yolks in, which improves it, but never tried it entirely whiteless.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just get rid of the milk, use whole eggs and butter.

Correct.
    Don’t add salt and pepper until the end of the cooking.

slowoldman

Dollop of crème fraîche extra butter at the end.

IdleJon

Milk or cream in scrambled eggs?!?

Years ago, probably over 20 years ago, one of the TV chefs* was doing a Xmas breakfast type menu and his smoked salmon scrambled eggs recipe had a splash of cream mixed in at the end of cooking to provide a bit of luxury. Simple as that. I’ll occasionally throw in some cream, if getting rid of it, but but it pretty much adds nothing more than some calories.

* so long ago that I can’t remember who it was.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.