Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • EE..Data Gifting ..good news !
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Had a call out of the blue today from EE to make me aware of some special offers ..
    The only thing that made my ears prick up after confirming that I wasn’t interested in a new tablet etc.was the fact that coming very soon I would be able to transfer chunks of data in 500mb chunks to another phone .
    As the father of a 14yr old boy who is on a SIM only plan on my monthly account with only 1gb of data ..this was music to my ears as I was about to upgrade his plan ( he usually ploughs through his data allowance in a matter of days on the school bus )..
    I have 10gb of data of which I use very little…500mb per month average) as I work from home and rarely use it away from the house.
    Now I can gift him the majority of my allowance at no extra cost !
    I’m told that this is only weeks away ..so if anyone with EE is in a similar position ..hold fire !

bruneep

I’m with EE and have a shared data plan 20gb with between the 4 family members

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not quite the same thing …

Drac

It’s exactly the same.

Up to five people can be added to your Shared Plan, making it easy to include the whole family or anyone else you’d like to share your data allowance with. You can choose how much data to play with – from as little as 1GB to as much as 50GB per month.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s sharing not gifting. Is different. You don’t need someone to be on the same shared plan as you. And you don’t share it either, a chunk of your data is just transferred out of your allowance and into theirs.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Drac
    No ..it clearly is not .
    That is a shared plan which the whole family is linked in to ..
    The new plan ( which I have explained in the original post ) means that I can “gift” data to whoever I want in chunks of 500mb at a time

bruneep

very similar.. Does the person you are gifting to also have to be on EE network?

My wife uses about 3% of the data myself and other 2 sons use up the majority of the remaining data, no faffing about gifting.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Bruneep..
    I’m not sure about that bit ..
    The attractive part for me was the fact that it’s not costing me any more ..and I can distribute it in chunks to my lad ..if he has been a good boy! 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

very similar.. Does the person you are gifting to also have to be on EE network?

Yes.

Typically shared plans allow you to manage a small defined group and share an allowance across that group (some have limits you can apply to individuals in that group, and how often you can change the membership of the group). With gifting you just transfer a chunk of your allowance to anyone you like (they might need to be on a specific plan or type of subscription but that’ll be down to T&C) at which point it’s theirs and no longer available for you to use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘EE..Data Gifting ..good news !’ is closed to new replies.