Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Educate me about/recommend me an electric paint sprayer
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We have the ambitious plan to paint all the internal woodwork in out home from a rather dated pine finish to white. As well as all the skirtings and door frames, this will involve 17 solid internal doors and 5 with 15 glass panels.

In addition we are looking at a kitchen “refresh”. Again, painting solid wood pine cabinet fronts, but we will likely replace exposed carcase edges and install new worktops. This involves 13 cupboard doors and 8 drawer fronts.

I started looking at Wagner paint sprayers then saw the reviews and price of the Erbauer one on Screwfix. I was ready to buy, but out of stock. Totally. Everywhere.

At the moment I am considering either the Sealey HVLP 3000 (which is identical to Erbauer, but twice the price, or a Tilswall 800 Watt job that is £60.

I think the things I am looking for are the ability to handle different materials (although I am only going to be using interior paints), a long hose, and ideally the ability to have additional paint reservoirs prepared for rapid reloading.

I will probably turn our study/home office into a spray booth and then redecorate it last after everywhere else is done.

Does anyone have any wisdom to impart?

FB-ATB

I’ve got a Wagner that I used for minor car work. Have been tempted to try it when next have to paint indoors.
    As a diy small area sprayer it’s good. My concern for doing lots of painting is the size of the reservoir.

dyna-ti

Would you normally get a tradesman in to do this or would it normally be yourself.
    If its the case of normally paying someone then I’d recommend buying something semi professional like a Fuji or Apollo, instead of paying them to do it.
    Fuji Semi-Pro2 HVLP Spray System
    https://www.axminstertools.com/fuji-semi-pro2-hvlp-spray-system-501285
    Or if thats just too expensive then a Apollo Spraymaster 1200 HVLP Turbine
    https://www.sprayequipment.co.uk/hvlp-turbines/apollo-uk-hvlp-turbines/apollo-spraymaster-1200-hvlp-turbine.html

Both are pretty much professional systems and wont splatter it everywhere. Expect them to last for years.
    I’ve not used the Apollo, but this vid is pretty good for showing it in use.

stevextc
    Free Member

This sounds like the worlds best excuse to buy a compressor…

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Thanks. I have a compressor but it is a 24 litre one and will not have the air delivery for spray work.

I have gone for one of the Tilswall one from Amazon that offers a 2 year guarantee. I definitely don’t want an airless one that pumps the paint. I am going to stick with water based paint and I think will will be learning a lot about viscosity of paint. I will try to hone my mixture and technique on the inside of the built in cupboard doors that will never be seen, then move on to the between-room doors.

Then we’ll move to the kitchen…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Educate me about/recommend me an electric paint sprayer’ is closed to new replies.